𝒐𝒏𝒆

Cora looks at her unfinished paper once more and breathes a sigh of defeat. She looks around the class discreetly and looks for Hermione's curly hair. At the failed attempt at finding her, she slowly turns her head back around.

The moment she moves her head, she feels the intense stare of the boy with icy blue eyes. As soon as her eyes meet his, she smiles sarcastically and shows him the finger located between her index and ring finger.

Draco rolls his eyes and takes his eyes off of hers. He grabs his paper and walks towards Snape with his chin up high. Once he reaches the professor of dark arts, he gives him the paper and gets closer to him to avoid anyone hearing what was about to come out of his mouth.

"Boswell asked me for the answers while doing the test. I said no obviously, she's unbelievable if she really thought I would give them to her. I would've let you known sooner, but I didn't want to disrupt the class. You should give her detention for a week or maybe even two. She deserves it for not even bothering to study for this important test you gave us, don't you think?" Draco whispers, looking at Snape one last time before walking back to his desk.

Once he takes a seat, he looks back at the frustrated girl and dedicates her a small smirk.

Cora furrows her eyebrows at seeing Draco's lips slightly rise by looking at her. She diverts her attention on Draco and goes back to looking at her paper which only has a question left on it.

After a few minutes of writing, she finally finishes and walks over to Snape's desk with her head high. As soon as she puts her paper down confidently, she shows Snape a smile and turns around to go back to her seat.

"Miss Boswell, come here now." Snape commands with a tough and firm voice.

As soon as Cora hears Snape say her name, she stops immediately and walks back towards Snape.

"Yes, sir? Do you need something?" Cora slightly raises her eyebrows as she anxiously plays with her bracelet.

"I was informed by a fellow classmate of yours that you were asking for the answers during the test. Is that true?" Snape asks with a harsh tone in his voice as he looks at her with an infuriating look on his face.

"No sir, that is certainly not true." Cora says with a confused look plastered on her face.

"I have no idea who told you such thing, but they're lying to you. I've never cheated on any of your tests no matter how hard they were. You have to believe me when I say that I did this test with my knowledge, not anybody else's." She continues, practically begging as she looks at him with a stressed and panicked look on her face.

"What were you doing looking around the whole time during the test? Was something bothering you?" Snape raises his eyebrows as he waiting for a response.

"I.. um.. I couldn't concentrate so I just kept looking around, but I swear that was the only reason why my eyes weren't focused on my paper. Please don't fail me, my mother can't find out that I'm failing your class. She'd literally murder me." Cora says with a serious look on her face.

Once she acknowledges what came out of her mouth, she forces out a small laugh.

Snape lets out an exasperated sigh as he takes a look at Cora's hard worked paper.

"I suppose I could grade your paper like any other one, but I'd have to give you a week of detention just in case you're lying." He looks back at her.

"A week of detention for something I didn't even do? I have quidditch practice sometimes after school for two hours, I don't have time to spend an hour here." She responds with an evidently stressed tone as she looks up at Snape's unbothered appearance.

"If you can't make time to simply spend an hour in detention, then I don't have time to grade your paper when I have many more to grade. You have officially failed my class this semester, Ms. Boswell. Go take a seat." Snape orders before looking down at other papers.

Cora sighs and turns back around to walk over to her seat, but stops her legs midway. She groans and turns back around, pushing back her hair irritated.

"I'll be here at whatever time you want." She turns back around and walks towards her seat.

As she walks towards her seat, she sees Draco laughing at her with his group of friends and realization hits her. She walks towards his table and slams her hands on his desk.

"What's so funny, Malfoy?" She asks furiously, looking at him with a look full of hatred.

As Draco hears Cora slam her hands on his desk and say his name, he turns around and looks at her blankly.

"I'm sorry, am I not allowed to laugh at a joke my friend made?" He looks at her with a small smirk before looking down at his desk and landing his eyes on her hands.

"Get your filthy hands off my desk." He quickly changes his smirk to a disgusted face as he raises his eyes to look at her face once again.

"No, I won't take my hands off your desk simply because you want me to. I'll take them off because I want to, you're not anyone to give me orders. Now tell me why you and your pathetic friends were laughing right before I walked past you." She orders firmly as her grip on his table hardens and raises her eyebrows waiting for an answer.

Draco observes as her grip on his table hardens and looks up to her, hiding his smirk.

"We were talking about how your kind can't ever get what they want. You have to beg for the things you want, and you have to go through the embarrassment of getting denied what you so much want. What a pathetic excuse of a wizard, just like your father." He says with a small smile on his face.

Her face falls as she hears him mention her father and pushes him roughly.

"What the fuck is your problem? You have no idea what my father went through and how he dealt with things so keep your mouth shut. At least I have a father I love and that loves me back, can't say the same about you though." She shows him a snarly smile and watches as his expression flickers but quickly goes back to the way it was.

"Don't you dare speak of my father. His name shouldn't be mentioned by your filthy mouth." He hisses before looking around and muttering a spell under his breath, and watches as her expression changes quickly.

Cora lets out a painful yell at the burning sensation in the palm of her hands, causing her to let go of Draco's desk and look at him fumingly.

"You'll pay for that, Malfoy." She says with a hint of anger and pain in her voice.

"I'd like to see you try, Boswell." Draco challenges, letting out an angry chuckle as he shakes his head.

"Mr. Malfoy and Ms. Boswell, I'll see both of you today and for the rest of the week at 7 P.M. for detention. Class is dismissed." Snape says before gathering his things and walking out of the room.

Both Cora and Draco look at each other before rolling their eyes as they both gather their things and head different ways.

hey guys, remember to vote!!
📓