𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏

The brunette's hand were stone cold and body stiff the second she dropped her body the weather outside had made numb against one of the train's seat. An inaudible sigh left her parted lips, making the window beside her become moist — vapor dripping from the sides of the small circle she created with her breath.

It'd been quite a long time since she'd last seen her mother, and that day she planned on using her weekend to visit her for a few days.

Any person that crossed paths with her could instantly tell she was a nervous wreck. The constant fingernail biting, bouncing of the leg, fixing of hair, tapping of fingers, and clumsiness gave it all away.

And she hated that the thought of Draco Malfoy was the only thought that could calm her uneasiness in a snap of a finger. It made her want to break every window inside the long train she was inside of as she shed countless amount of angry tears.

Each day for the past two weeks, she'd wonder if every word that left the platinum haired boy's mouth was really what he pictured her to be.

Did he really see her as a worthless person who is so easy to control and inflict pain on? Every time she would ask herself that question, she'd always concur with him.

The slowly dying love towards her father kept her from injuring him, even though he made it difficult to do so. She'd prefer to get tortured than to be one to torture someone.

She couldn't find it in her benignant heart to hurt the person who had once been there for her in almost every step of her childhood.

When he'd stand across from her, preparing to torture her, memories of her father embracing her with his warm arms and stroking the tears the nightmares she'd dreamt of caused would drain her brain.

Then, he was the living nightmare that made tears stream down her cheeks as she practically begged for the life that he helped create.

Cora blinked harshly before shaking her head briefly, making all the intrusive thoughts fading with the simple gesture.

In another blink of an eye, Cora caught a dark suited person take a seat before her — her breath hitched at the sight of familiar rings wrapped around those pale, long fingers.

"Go away."

She simply said, her dark eyes never daring to lock with his light ones. The bouncing of her leg increased — anxious vanishing, anger rising.

"It's been two weeks since we've talked." Draco stated, intently observing the features of the brunette, irritation being written all over them.

"And I'd like for it to stay that way. Go away." She enunciated harshly, her eyes dropping to her fidgeting fingers — fighting the urge to look up at him and meet with those piercing eyes of his.

"I'm not standing from this seat until we have a conversation — about anything." His voice was desperate.

He was desperate. So, very desperate for the girl sitting before him. Eager to see those dark brown eyes he used to find dull, but now finds captivating.

Her eyes used to be like any other person's dark brown eyes, until they weren't. They held a thin line of green — he was the first person to notice it.

"I read a book," she started the conversation, working her eyes up to the end of the other side of the table. "The characters really reminded me of us."

Draco nod his head with a short shrug, not positive of the direction she was heading towards, "How so?"

"Clara, the main character, really liked a boy named —," she finally brought her eyes to his, making Draco suck in a sharp breath. "Derek. She was so stupid, she thought he liked her as well. She thought the good moments she had spent with him were above all the horrible moments she'd shared with him. Derek, on the other hand, was as cold as ice. He was so careless with her feelings and always mentioned topics that triggered something inside her. That git always came back, though. Begging for her forgiveness and making her seem special, only to get between her legs and make her cry afterwards. Doesn't that remind you of us, Malfoy?"