𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

Cora walked through the hall, attempting to go to her dorm and spend some time alone before spending a long time in detention with Snape.

She was dreading spending an hour in a class doing work when she could be in her dorm with Lena or simply be alone with her thoughts — even though most of them were about her father.

The other thoughts roaming throughout her mind being of Finn and Draco, a much less worrisome  and stressful thought.

Maybe spending time in Snape's class would put all of those thoughts aside and she would simply focus on the work given to her.

It would be a necessary distraction. Not the best kind but at least it would take her mind off of everything occurring in her life.

Out of nowhere, she heard rapid muttering coming from the halls — shivers immediately spread throughout her body.

And the only thought in her head was that her father was back and ready to harm her once again.

Cora stopped walking once she noticed two black figures walk over to her fearful body and she immediately took a step back.

The halls were dark which made it difficult for her to focus on the face that belonged to the people walking towards her.

"I don't need you to take me to my common room. I can take myself."

At the sound of Draco's voice, all the fear and stiffness in her body washed away and a relieved sigh escaped her lips.

It was just a physically harmless, yet rude boy walking before her not the horrible person of a father she had.

Once Draco and the dark haired professor were a few feet away from Cora, Snape released his grip from Draco's robe and brought his attention to the brunette.

"Wait for me in class, Ms. Boswell. I have to return this boy to his common room since he was wandering around the halls without permission. Your assignment is on top of your table."

Cora nodded her head understandingly before planting her eyes on Draco — her breath slightly hitching at the sight of him already looking at her.

Simply being a few feet away from him, Cora had noticed how his eyes turned from anger to a speck of remorse which made her eyebrows furrow in confusion.

She didn't comprehend why his expression had a tad bit of regret in it.

And as if he were reading through her, Draco blinked harshly and his eyes were now neutral — no emotion displayed in them.

Cora slowly turned her head back to Snape, her eyes still in tact with Draco's before averting her eyes fro him and placing them on the professor.

"I'll go get started on the assignment then." She stated calmly and stepped aside, getting out of their way and observed as they walked away from her.

She could feel her body tensing more and more each time she took a step forward. She used to love being alone but now being alone was something she detested.

Stepping inside the classroom, Cora took a hefty breath and took a seat on the chair behind the table with a paper on top of it.

Her eyes landed on the paper placed in front of her and she bit the skin on her inner cheek at the amount of work that was yet to be done.

"Thanks for detention, Lena." She whispered with a hint of sarcasm in her voice before placing the quill between her fingers and placing the tip on the paper.