𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

Cora looks down at her food and moves her fork around, playing with her food. She lets out a soft sigh as she continues staring blankly at the plate.

"Are you okay, Cora? You've been acting weird since yesterday and you've rarely even talked."

Lena's worried voice makes Cora's eyes tear away from the plate and look up at hers. She slowly nods her head before showing her a small smile to reassure her.

"I'm fine, I just don't really feel like talking." She answers truthfully before looking back down at the plate.

The words that left her mouth weren't completely a lie. She really didn't feel like speaking to anyone, much less to Lena. She knew that if she were to have a conversation with her, Finn would somehow appear in the conversation, and he was the last person she wanted to talk about.

"So what did you and Draco talk about yesterday when you supposedly went to go get something from the dorm?" Lena asks suddenly, making Cora's eyes snap back to her questioning ones.

Her eyebrows furrow and eyes narrow as she slowly opens her mouth to speak. "How did you know that I talked to Malfoy?"

"Oh come on, Cora. I'm your best fucking friend and you really thought that I would believe that 'I left something in the dorm' crap. You are literally the only person I know who always double checks that they have everything they need before they leave a room. Plus, you looked so intrigued when you saw him leave the Great Hall, I just knew you were going to go find out what was wrong with him."

Cora's eyebrows slightly rise in astonishment at how observant the brunette sitting before her is. She was well aware that she always double checked that she had everything she needed with her before she left a room, but she had become so accustomed to doing so, she thought everyone else did so too.

"I tried talking talking to him, but I didn't really get anything out. He was just being the asshole that he never fails to be." She rolls her eyes back in annoyance and rests her elbow on the table as she places her jaw on her palm.

Lena shakes her head with a small chuckle before grabbing the slice of toast and taking a fairly big bite out of it. Cora chuckles softly, almost inaudible, and takes a bite out of her toast as well.

Both Lena and Cora's eyes land on the hand that's being placed on the table. Cora's eyes stay placed on the recognizable hands for a few seconds before slowly making her way up to the boy's eyes.

The corner of Finn's lips make its way upwards, showing Cora a smile. Her lips stay firm as she keeps her eyes fixated on his, making him slightly furrow his eyebrows. The brunette boy takes a seat beside Lena and awkwardly clears his throat, not understanding why Cora didn't return the gesture.

"Good morning." Finn beams and takes a bite out of his apple. "Did you guys finish your potions homework? It was fucking difficult."

Cora exhales softly and takes her eyes off him, returning her attention to the food in front of her. Her fingers reach down to the grapes on the plate and brings it up to her mouth, biting the grape in half.

"Someone's not feeling so talkative today. Is something wrong?" Finn asks, a hint of worry in his voice and Cora's eyes snap to his, a mixture of anger and annoyance in her eyes.

"I'm feeling fucking amazing, Finn." She mutters through clenched teeth. "Why don't you go and tell your group of friends how I'm feeling? I'm sure they'd love to hear what you have to say about me."