𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝒐𝒏𝒆

Cora noticed that each day that passed by, Draco made her work harder and harder until she physically couldn't anymore.

They even went as far as cursing each other.

Draco had taught her what he would do whenever he would get cursed. The name of the person who cursed him never left his mouth, but she didn't need to hear a name in order to know who it was.

A few years ago, Cora saw with her own eyes Lucius physically harm the blonde boy after a Quidditch match. She would've done something about it, but Lucius had caught her looking at them and shut the door.

Even though she had managed to handle the pain of getting cursed, the pain was still there and it was excruciating, but not half as much as before.

All she needed to do was hold her breath and count to twenty. Not breathing was a very needed distraction that made her brain focus on her breathing instead of the pain happening all over her body.

Cora hid behind a tree and inhaled and exhaled rapidly, feeling herself run out of breath as she ran away from the blonde.

At the sound of a twig snap, Cora snapped her head towards the direction the noise came from and the corner of her eye caught certain blonde hair behind her.

Cora instantly pushed herself away from the tree and faced him — instantly flicking her wand at him.

"Expelliarmus." She said confidently and observed as the wand left his hand and flew away from him, the wand landing a few feet behind her.

He looked at her and nod his head approvingly before walking over to her.

Her eyes dropped down to his hands and observed as he flexed his hand, getting ready to throw his hand around her neck.

As his hand lifted up to the air, Cora's hand quickly flew up and blocked his hand by pushing it away from her and the moment she gripped his arm, her wand flew out of her grip.

She placed her dark eyes on his blue ones and from the corner of her eye caught his other arm flying over to her body — her hand quickly gripped onto his hand and pushed it away from her body.

The moment the boy smirked, all the confidence inside the brunette vanished.

Draco pulled her body towards his and turned her around, his right arm swiftly wrapping around her neck with a fair amount of pressure as her back pressed against his body.

Cora lifted her chin to release some of the pressure against her neck before tilting her head and looking at the blonde.

"You have to learn to fight without using a wand or non-verbal spells. Show me what you know." He said, his breath fanning against her collarbone as he spoke.

She nod her head briefly and looked to the front as she placed both her hands on his arm and forcefully pulled it down.

At the failed attempt of bringing his arm down, Cora breathed out and kept on trying pulling it down as she stepped forward and tried pushing herself off his grip.

As she continued, everything started reminding her of the first encounter she had with her father after not seeing him for years.

The way he cursed her, pinned her down to the ground and carved letters on her arm.

She felt trapped then and she felt trapped now.