𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝒔𝒊𝒙

Cora dropped the quill back inside the ink bottle and let out a hefty sigh as she threw her head back exhausted, her ears catching the sound of her joints popping.

Staying in that position, the brunette looked up at the ceiling and analyzed every minor detail on it. The way her side of the dorm looked shorter due to the almost unnoticeable dent on that side of the ceiling. The way the smooth ceiling didn't give her the sudden urge to scratch off the popcorn-like bumps clinging on the ceiling like the one at her house.

Ever since she was a child those non-harming bumps on the ceiling seemed to bother her for no reason at all. They bothered and infuriated her even more once her father left.

He had promised to take them off the second he got back from his 'trip' with an old friend of his.

When he never returned, the label appointed to him was 'Traitor' because he never scraped the bumps off the wall and most importantly, never came back home.

She could've done it herself but she never found the guts to do it. She was too much of a coward to do so. It was the last thing he'd promise he'd do and deep down, she was hoping he'd fulfill that promise some day.

And she was naive for hoping.

Cora's examining of the ceiling is suddenly interrupted by the sound of faint knocks on the door, her attention averting towards the wooden door.

"What did she forget now?" Cora whispered to herself, her eyes now on the wand sitting on top of Lena's white bedsheet. Lena had forgotten her wand. "Didn't I tell you to make sure you had everything you needed before you left to Zabini's room, Lena?"

With Lena's wand wrapped around her hand, Cora walked over to the door and with her free hand opened the door. The brunette's face instantly dropped at the sight of blood scattered all over the platinum haired boy's mouth and neck.

"Cora," Draco panted before the brunette could even manage getting a word out, taking a step closer to her. "Cora — did you know your name means filled heart and the origin of your name is Greek? I've been researching your name and the meaning behind it with a book I borrowed from the library."

Her cheeks flushed at his words but pushed aside all of the sudden feelings that arrived the second her brain registered that he had been thinking about her and researching the meaning behind her name.

Cora placed her hands on his ribs and tugged onto his shirt firmly as she took a few steps back and he took steps forward, each step unbalanced.

In a blink of an eye, Draco's upper body loses all its strength and his upper body falls forward, his head landing on her shoulder.

At the weight fighting against her body, Cora backed up to avoid falling and silently whimpered as her back collided with the wall — Draco's face falling to the crook of her neck as his legs slightly tremble.

"I'm sorry —," he panted, slowly lifting his hands until they rest on her hips, "For everything I'm doing, Cora."

The brunette tilted her head down and her eyes observed the wounds on his face — one on his cheekbone, another one on his jaw, below his lip.

Everywhere.

He had been fighting with someone strong, fierce — and the only person who came to her mind that could've done this was her father.

Guilt spread all over her body and her heart felt heavy.

It was all of her fault.

"Draco," she whispered once she noticed his breathing falter. "Draco." She said louder this time and roughly patted his cheek, the platinum haired boy furrowing his brows at her action.