𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓

TW: domestic abuse & panic attack

"I thought you were joking when you said you were going to work on your Potions homework while we're in the woods." Draco muttered in slight disbelief.

He intently observed as the brunette furrowed her eyebrows as she thoroughly read each question on the paper with the help of Draco's lit up wand, not wanting to misinterpret a word and get the answer wrong.

"You stress yourself out too much for something that won't be so important in the future." Draco whispered in her ear before gently grazing the tip of his tongue along her earlobe.

Cora sucked in a sharp breath and briefly closed her eyes before turning her head in his direction, their eyes coming in tact instantly.

"How are you so sure it won't be important in the future? I don't plan on being the only witch who doesn't know how to make a simple potion."

"That's not what I meant, Boswell." He hissed and she sighed, her eyes dropping to the homework placed on top of her legs. "I just think that you're putting too much of your energy on your assignment when you could be applying your energy on something, or someone else."

A slight smirk worked it's way across Draco's lips and his hand traveled from her arms to her thighs, his fingers drawing small circles against her skin.

Cora tucked in her lips to avoid a smile escape her lips and turned her head the opposite side of where Draco's seated, the bright smile she tried hiding escaping her lips.

A leisured smile worked its way across his face and up to his eyes at the sight of a deep dent displaying on her cheek. It was his first time noticing that the brunette's dimples appeared as her smile broadened.

Draco lifted his hand from her thighs and brought it to her throat, his hand perfectly wrapping around her skin before turning her head in his direction with his fingers.

Cora's smile slowly vanished at the way Draco looked at her. He was observing every small detail about the brunette. Taking a clear, mental picture of her in case someday she wouldn't be around to be able to do so. All because of the selfish deal he had made with his father.

It was strange how not so long ago, he would've done anything to watch her crumble in front of him. But now, he wanted to protect her from every living or non-living thing and have her all to himself.

"Don't look away from me, Boswell."

The corner of her lips slightly turned upwards and she looked down at his arm, remembering that his hand is loosely wrapped around her throat.

Cora wrapped her hand around his long arm and with her thumb, she gently caressed his skin. At the rare feeling of someone caressing his skin, Draco's eyes dropped to his arm.

"I stress myself too much with this because I want to be sure that the people around me think highly of me. I want them to think that I'm great because I don't think I have the advantage of proving myself to others once I'm older. I'm positive my father will make sure I don't have any sort of future ahead of me."

Draco swallowed hard at her words and tried pushing the thought of the brunette laying on the ground, lifeless, to the back of his mind. Suddenly feeling his airway close, Draco planted his feet on the ground and lifted his body from the decaying tree.

Faintly stepping away from the brunette, Draco breathed in and out harshly as he looked down at the ground, feeling every nerve in his body tingling.

Cora instantly planted her feet on the ground and followed the platinum haired boy, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. She had no idea that her words had triggered something inside of him.