𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

Cora was positive the world was conspiring against her once she opened the wooden door and met with dark colored eyes.

Finn's dark eyes.

"Can I talk to you?" He asked briefly as she stood beside the door, her eyes placed on the anxious looking boy.

Ever since their last talk, Cora was the only person he thought about throughout the day and night. He felt guilty for treating her the way he had the last time he talked to her and wanted to make sure she knew he was sorry.

"I'm on my break, Finn and I really don't want to argue with you." She gave him a thin lipped smile before taking a step back, her hand gripping the doorknob and closing the door.

Finn placed the palm of his hand on the door and slightly pushed it, making Cora step away from the door and look at the brunette standing before her.

"I won't say anything to upset you, Cora. I swear it, just let me talk to you." He looked at her with pleading eyes and Cora took her eyes away from his, turning her body around and walking to the chair.

"Close the door behind you when you step inside." She said loud enough for him to hear, her words bringing a hopeful smile to his lips.

Finn stepped inside and closed the door, his feet making their way over to the brunette and took a seat on the chair beside her.

An awkward silence filled the room.

"I'm sorry for everything," Finn confessed abruptly and turned to face her — Cora turning to face him as well. "Not a word that came out of my mouth that day in the library is true. I was just furious and I wanted to hurt you the same way you did to me."

"I didn't want to hurt you intentionally, Finn. You don't purposely hurt the people you love." Cora stated to which Finn nodded his head, his eyes dropping to the floor for a moment before flying back up to hers.

Most of the people that claimed to love her had eventually hurt her intentionally and she was tired of it.

Tired of being an emotional punching bag that people used when things in their life didn't go as planned.

"I know and I'm sorry for everything that I did and said. I've done everything I could to make you fall in love with me but nothing worked, and I shouldn't be upset that you can't return my feelings." He slightly smiled at her which brought warmth to her heart.

"I really wish I felt the same way about you, but you'll find your person soon enough, Finn. And when you do, you'll realize that chasing after me was a complete waste of your time." She said, a dejected smile on her face.

"Cora Boswell," he placed both his hands on each side of her face, bringing her closer to him. "You are not a waste of my time. You never will be a waste of my time. Ever."

Her eyes filled with tears at his words and she smiled, a genuine and comforted smile, before launching herself at him — her arms wrapping around his neck.

Finn smiled and closed his eyes, placing his head against the crook of her neck — inhaling the scent of her, afraid of commuting another mistake and lose her again.

Lena barged inside the dorm, the sound of the door making both Cora and Finn jerk away from each other as if they were doing something they weren't supposed to.

At the sight of Draco standing behind Lena, Cora cleared her throat and shifted from her seat — her posture firm.

"What's going on?" Cora asked, confused on why Lena stepped inside of the dorm with Draco behind her.