𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

Days had passed and Cora had returned to her dorm after being in bed rest for a few days, allowing her body time to heal and return to its steady state.

During that time, Draco hadn't received any mail from the man who had given him the task to help harm the brunette and didn't bother contacting him.

"Stop checking to see if the owls are here and eat. By the time you give up searching for them there won't be any food left." Pansy hissed, making Draco snap his head towards her.

"If I want to check if the owls are here, I'll check if the owls are here. You don't give me orders." He stated sharply to which the girl rolled her eyes and tore her attention from Draco, placing it on Blaise who sat in front of them.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed." Blaise muttered loud enough for their little group to hear, Draco's eyes landing on Blaise.

"So what of I did, Zabini? What problem do you have with it?" Draco raised an eyebrow as he crossed his arms together and slightly lifted his head, waiting for his response.

"The fucking problem is that it seems that you wake up on the wrong side of the bed every day and I'm tired of hearing you whining every second of the fucking day. It's not much different than how you used to be, but you used to be better to ignore."

At this, Draco looked away from Blaise and placed his eyes on Pansy, observing as she nod her head, agreeing with Blaise.

A humorless chuckle left his mouth as he paced his eyes from Pansy and Blaise, taking turns to look at both of them.

"Do you know how many times I've dealt with you talking about your ridiculous boy problems?" He was talking to Pansy and she looked at him, her face expressionless. "Many fucking times, yet I never said anything." He responded to his own question and she looked away, a sigh leaving her mouth.

"And you," he placed his furious eyes on the bothered looking boy sitting before him. "I've dealt with your ups and downs ever since we were children and not once have I complained. Why is it so hard for you to do the same thing I've done these past fucking years?"

"In case you haven't noticed, I'm not Draco Malfoy. I don't keep all my emotions bottled up, trying so hard to hide everything I'm feeling from everyone around me."

At the end of his sentence, Blaise rose from the chair and stepped away from the table, his lean looking figure walking out the Great Hall doors.

Draco bit down on his teeth, his jaw clenching at his action. "Anything you want to add?"

Pansy furiously turned her eyes to Draco, who was looking at the students on the other tables.

"Yeah," she responded to him and placed her hands on the table, the force in her arms helping her stand from her seat. "You're a fucking dick."

The two filled in seats surrounding Draco were now emptied, leaving an awkward space in the table filled with Slytherins.

He closed his eyes and breathed out harshly, feeling his body be less tense than before, and  opened them again — his attention instantly being placed on an alone brunette who played around with her food by the help of her fork.

At the sight of her looking down at her food, he noticed that she her skin had a warmer shade of color than the last time he saw her fragile body laying on the floor.

That night he realized what he had gotten into.

Something that was not bound to end well.