𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆

Cora grunts as her back collides with the wall and slides down to the floor. She winces at the pain spreading in her back and raises her wand, pointing it at him.

"Expelliarmus." She says firmly and shuts her eyes in frustration once she notices the spell misses him by a few inches.

"You foolish little girl." A dark smile appears on his face as he walks over to her.

His hands wrap around her neck tightly, making her airways close and she gasps for air. Her hands grasp onto his wrists, struggling to push him away.

"Don't do this." She closes her eyes in pain and lets go of his wrists in resignation.

"I told you I would hurt you if you told anyone, but you didn't listen. Now I have to kill you." He tightens his grip on her neck.

"Dad, please.." She looks at him with pleading eyes as tears involuntarily flow from her eyes down to her cheeks.

He looks at her for a few seconds before raising his wand and pointing it at her. She immediately closes her eyes.

"Avada Ked-"

___

"Boswell, wake up. It's time to go." Draco interrupts, looking down at her as he stands in front of her.

Cora abruptly opens her eyes and looks up at Draco. She draws a breath before looking around and stands up as she grabs her wand. She takes off Draco's coat and hands it to him.

"Thank you for the coat." She shows him a thin lipped smile before walking past him.

"What happened to your arm?" He looks at her over his shoulder and rests his back on the tree.

Cora feels her body tense at Draco's sudden words and lowers her vision to her carved up arm. She frowns before turning back around and meeting the blonde's eyes.

"Can you please stop standing there and walk? We really need to go back." She changes the subject and turns her back on him before continuing walking.

"I saw the word 'worthless' carved into your arm. Did my words really have such a big effect on you?" He pushes himself off the tree and walks behind Cora.

Cora stops walking and snaps her head back to him. She scoffs and walks up to him until she's only a few inches away from him.

"Not everything is about you, Draco. Your words mean nothing to me, you selfish prick." Her eyebrows furrow and feels her blood boil at the sight of him chuckling.

"Why did you run off then? If my words really didn't have an effect on you, you simply would have went on with your day." He stares at her intently and shakes his head with a smile on his face as he walks away from her.

She quickly raises her hand and grabs his arm to keep him from going any further. He snaps his head to her and frees his arm from her grip.

"How do you know about my father? Only Lena and Finn know about him, and I highly doubt any of them told you." She shifts her eyebrows, observing him attentively.

"First answer my question truthfully and then I'll answer yours." The side of his mouth turns up into a smirk.

"What question do you want me to answer, Draco?" She sighs as she tilts her head and folds her arms across her chest.