Chapter 2: The Surprise

[Year 2020]

Aeson went to their secret place without Pristine.It's their third monthsary today and he wanted to make it special for Pristine. Their place is an old tree in their neighbourhood, he bought some fairy lights to decorate the place, he even bring a basket of their favourite foods, guitar and the special guest. It's almost 5pm when he finished cleaning and decorating the place. He decided to call Pristine on phone

"Bunch? Where are you?" he asked.

"Bunch, I'm just home. How about you?" she replied.

"Can you go to our secret place?" he asked, and smiled.

"Hmmm...okay I got nothing to do here. I'll get ready first before going there. Bye." Pristine said with excitement and she really end the call even before Aeson speak.

Aeson just smiled and wait for her.

"Aeson! Woah-" Pristine already arrived even she's still steps away she already saw the set up Aeson prepared and she was so amazed but as she walk closer she find out that Aeson isn't there.

She called him, "Aeson, where are you?" she's scared.

"Hahahaha, look at your right side." he replied, giggling.

"Wait, what?" she hung up and ran towards him.

She saw Aeson with a shih tzu, it's her favourite breed of dog.

"Happy monthsary, bunch." Aeson said.

But instead of greeting him back Pristine held the dog and hug her.

"Bunch what's his name?" she asked

"Aetine" he said plainly.

"Oh, hi Aetine. Your so cute. So bunch whose dog is this?" she asked again.

"Before I answer that, can we go there" pointing the tree, "Because I prepared something delicious there, Ms. Dela Cruz." he said.

Pristine smiled to him and they walk towards the tree with Aetine. They eat they're favorite food under the tree while playing with Aetin.

"Happy third monthsary, bunch" Pristine finally greeted him.

He smiled and kiss her forehead "Happy monthsary bunch and starting today we're now fur parents." he said.

Pristine was very surprised "Really Aetine is ours? Can I have her home? Please,bunch I promise to take care of her.Please,please please."she said happily with her full energy but suddenly when she felt pain to her chest and she can't barely breathe.

"Bunch? Are you okay?"Aeson asked but Pristine didn't answer him, she went unconscious.

"Bunch wake up, bunch"he's shaking her but Pristine didn't respond so he decided to bring her to the hospital.

The next day, the doctor told them that Pristine is suffering from hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and this condition is still incurable. Aeson went to the hospital's chapel and cry his heart out. He can't afford to loose her, he can't.