Chapter 7: Time Travelled

The tree was shining bright and a man comes out from it.

[Year 2040]

Aeson's POV

"Argh!" I crashed in the ground. "That was hard huh!" I looked at the tree as if it will respond.

I was about to walk away but I notice the my pants and shirt got dirt.  I face the tree again.

"Hey tree! You should took me here carefully! Not like this okay?Look at this, this navy blue shirt was Pristine's favourite shirt of mine!" I scolded the tree while taking off the dirt.

Hay. This place has changed. It has a beautiful benches now no need to bring a picnic cloth, how I wish Pristine will see this.

"That's why you need to find the cure for bunch." I said to my self and my lips curve.

I decided to roam around the place and everything has really change.

The design of houses changed from bungalow type houses the style changed into industrial some maintain the design of their houses but most of them are now two storey houses.

I also reached our market, it turns into a mall type market. I was so amazed the way they built it.

I just noticed that they sustained the nature. There still trees and grasses. Every houses have ornamental plants. The surrounding looks a combination of industrial buildings but with nature touch.

I saw a jeep but its not like the traditional jeepney, it's electrical. I went to the jeep stop and then got into the jeep.

"We're about to reach Jose Rizal station, ready your fare before getting off" I was starled when I heard the speaker.

I was about to get my wallet but I can't feel it to my pocket. My eyes widen when I realized...

"D-did I left it to the hospital?" I whispered.

We already reached the station I have no choice but to get off, I heard that there was a hospital near the station.

I stood up and get off to the e-jeep. 

"Sir did you already pay your fare?" She asked.

I got nervouse and my heart is pounding loudly, she might hear it. I just...

"Y-yes I already paid my fare."I said and then I ran fast to get away to her.

When I feel that I'm already away from her and no one's following me I stopped walking

As I walk the wind touches my skin and its cold. I'm starting to miss Pristine.

"I miss you, bunch." I uttered in the wind.

I found myself in front of a tall building.

"Jose Rizal Medical Center" I read.

"I am glad that we brought tatay here, maybe if we brought him into other hospital maybe he didn't survive the surgery" a lady said talking to a man beside her. They were leaving the hospital.

"This is the best of the best hospital, love. Good thing that you already listen to me." The man replied to her.

I keep on eavesdropping when they noticed me.

"Ahm...excuse me. Is there something that we can help you?" The lady asked me.

"Uh.... I just wondering if they are also treating heart disease?" I asked.

"Of course, my father has been successfully undergone a heart surgery last night. The doctors here are the best and they are very kind to their patient." the lady explained to me.

So I thanked them and I enter the hospital right away. I'm so excited maybe this is the year I can find cure.

While roaming around, I bumped into a doctor.

"Uhm...sorry."I said.

"Are looking for a room or doctor? How may I help you?" The doctor asked me.

"Ahm... A-actually doc. I was looking for a cardiologist." I replied, stuttering.

I don't know why felt nervous but the doctor, as what the lady  said, seems so approchable.

"Oh, perfect! I'm a cardiologist. How can I help you. By the way, I'm Dr. Maranan." He replied. "But let's go to my clinic first." He added.

We walked to his clinic and I start asking questions.

"Doc, do you already treat a condition called hypertrophic cardiomyopathy?" I asked.

"Many of my patients already survive this condition." he replied.

"Is that true, doc? I mean do you already find a cure?" I replied, I start hoping. "Bunch, this is it. You can live longer." I said to myself.

"A cure. It's still in the developing stage. But experts are really near discovering the cure." He said with a proud smile.

Are you really proud of still not having the cure? For petesake! I travelled how manybyears just to hear thebsame answer.

I keeo myself calm even ny blood is really at its boiling point.

"Developing stage? Really? But you said many of your patient survive? How did they survive?"I asked, I became a rapper in an instant I thought I can calm myself but it didn't happen.

"Mr.Gonzales if you're looking for an instant cure well you can't find it here,not now. My patients survived because they did. And it's still a miracle for us. So if you don't mind, please get out of my clinic." He said. He looks offended of what I said.

"A miracle? What year is it again, 2040 and you still believe in miracles? What a joke! And yes I will be leaving your clinic. You didn't even helped me!" I said and stood up then I slammed the door.

Miracle huh? Funny. Why the innovation of the buildings are so easy for them but having a cure for diseases are so slow!

While walking I realize if they are near to develop the cure maybe next 10 years they have it already.

"Maadaaaaaaa." I sounded like Nobita calling Doraemon then I ran going to the tree.

I will ask her help again to bring me to the year 2050.