Chapter 4: The Chant

Aeson went straight to their secret place after bumping Mada on the street. He sat down under the tree and stared at the piece of paper she gave to him.

"What on earth are these words?" he said.

He keep it into his pocket and pinned his eyes to the night sky.

"How I wish you were here, bunch." he sighed.

The stars are twinkling and it gives hope to him. After a while he find himself staring at the piece of paper again.

"Can you really help me? Can you really give me the cure for Prestine?" he asked the paper.

He stand up and turn on the fairy lights he put when he surprised Pristine so he can clearly see the words on the paper.

"E-esh ma-shtus erbanon,  erbanon, wari kay um latera-sera. Warki warka mesh fala-ridad" he tried to read the chant but nothing happens.

Aeson did hid best to read the chant correctly, he even stood up and walk around the tree. It kills his time and somehow forget the exhaustion and frustration he's going through.

"Esh mashtus erbanon, erbanon,
wari kay um laterasera
Wariki, warka mesh falaridad"

He finally read the chant correctly without noticing it and when he said it correctly for the second time, the tree emits a bright light and take him.

[Year 1999]

"Woah, what's that?" he said when he woke up.

He was still in the same place but trees looks healthier and it somehow looks like a forest.

"Oh! You were bearing a mango? Why I didn't know this?" he said when he saw the mango.

When he was about to get it when he heard some footsteps so he ranaway to hide.

"Woosh! That was close." he said.

He saw that the footstep he heard was going to the tree where he was. The man also get the mangoes from the tree. It was his mom and dad.

"So... I wasn't just fell asleep I was taken back to the past?"he said. He finally realised the power of the chant.

He's still hiding and he's just steps away from them.

" Hon, come on I really want to eat those mangoes. Hurry up! "  his mom said.

" Hon, I'm trying but let me get this one precious mango." his dad answered, laughing.

"Errr, hon I'm getting upset. My mouth is so watery right now I can't wait to taste the mangoes!" his mom said again with annoyed face.

Aeson is smiling while watching them he was really happy to see this kind of little fight of his parents.

"I wish I could do this things with Prestine, too" he said.

Even he wanted to watch his mom and dad he decided to go to the hospitals to look for doctors who can help him.

"Excuse me, can you give me the direction going to the hospital?" he asked to a random person in the street.

"Just ride a cab and they will take you there." he replied then left.

Aeson look for his wallet but he can't find him. He just walk until he find a hospital but he was disappointed when he saw the facility he was already sure that he can't get an answer to whatever he would ask to them but still he tried. He get an appointment to an attending cardiologist on the hospital and luckily he got the last number for outpatient that day.

"Doc, do you ever cure a hypertrophic cardiomyopathy?" he asked straightly as he entered the clinic.

"Hijo, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy is incurable but if the patient's body is strong enough to handle it the patient can live but still without an assurance." the doctor explained.

He knew it he can't hear the answer he wanted but still he thanked the doctor and left the hospital. 

"What should I do? I need to find a cure for Prestine" he said and was about to cry again.

He stopped himself from crying, he went back to the tree and was about to try going back to his time but luckily he find his wallet then decided to look for other hospital.

"Nice! I can now ride a cab. Wosh! Let's go bunch I might found a hospital that treats your condition, maybe they were closed in our year thats why Mada took me here."he gained confidence with Mada and the chant.

He get a cab and it brought him to a hospital its location is on the other side of the city.

"St. Cruz General Hospital? Oh it exists in my year I thought it was a new hospital. The renovation really did it part, huh." he commented.

He went straight to the outpatient department and set an appointment but unfortunately there was no cardiologist.

He ride a cab again and this time the cab is bringing him to a hospital outside the city.

"I hope this is it. I hope this hospital would help me."

The cab stopped in front of a tall building.

"Sir we are here." the driver said and he went out of the cab.

Aeson stared the building and he was quit familiar with the design of the building.

"The structure is just like the old version of my piano school when I was a kid." he said

He just let it pass and enter the hospital he got an appointment with the cardiologist but he needs to wait for him since he's still doing rounds.

"Aeson Gonzales, Mrs.Montenegro is now accepting out patients, you can now go to her clinic. " the secretary said.

He smiled to her and went to the clinic.

"Oh, hijo. Sit down. What may I help you?" Mrs. Montenegro greeted him.

"Ahm, doc have you already treated a patient with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy?" he asked.

"Well hijo to be honest I didn't have any patient with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy even before but I know that this condition still don't have a cure. But experts are doing their best to have cure in the fture,hopefully." Mrs. Montenegro answered him.

Aeson clinched his fist. But his face remain calm but deep inside he wanted to shout.

"But hijo, you seems so fine. Do you mind if I run you some tests? Maybe the doctor who said you have hypertrophic cardiomyopathy got the wrong findings?"she added.

" No, doc. No need for tests. I'll be going now. Thank you for your answers." he said

He went out of the clinic and went straight to the billing station to pay  for the consultatiom fee. Then he went out of the hospital.

He went back to the tree again.

"How many year would it take to get that cure! We're in the future but still it's incurable!" he can't really contain himself.

"I'd rather go back to my time than wasting my time here!" he said.

He kicked the tree due to frustration.  He tried reading the chant again.

"Esh mashtus erbanon, erbanon,
wari kay um laterasera
Wariki, warka mesh falaridad "

He repeat it and the he was taken back to his present.