Chapter 16: Mind Game

Third person's POV

It's been how many days since Caesel confessed her feelings to Aeson. But Aeson can't deny the fact that there's a place in his heart that felt happy when Caesel uttered those three words. That happiness he felt cannot stay to his heart because he already had Pristine, the reasom why he met Caesel.

Everything have changed since Caesel confessed, the old crazy and noisy hospital hopping turned into awkward and silent rides.

Caesel's POV

We're currently in the eco park again sitting in the bench two meters away. Argh! Caesel, why did you even do that conffesion thing! Hays. I let out a deep sigh.

Sometimes I want to ask something to him but I don't know how could I approach him. Sometimes I don't evem know how would I ask him if he already eaten, I'm getting worried when and how's he eating. But yestereday I tried to left a food im his favourite spot here and from a far I saw him eating it. It was a relief for me.

I looked at him but he's looking at the sky. I need to break the silence. One... Two... Three.. Inhale... Exhale...

"Aeson." I called him. Ack, would he respond. I close my left eye while looking down. I'm scared he might not respond.

"Yes?" He said, he's now looking at me. Ack, that beautiful eyes. Hays, Caesel stop!

"Ahm... about what I've said." I didn't finished what I am saying when he answered right away.

"That's okay, it's just nothing. Let's just forget it" He said and look away again.

Eh, nothing? That's not "nothing" I was struggling to communicate since that day and it's just nothing to him. To be honest I got hurt with his reaction that day. I mean where did he get the nuts to say that I was just driven away by the situation? Does he really think I am that weak woman? Tsh!

The silence went back and suddenly I think of a question again. Will I ask him again? Aish! This situation is really hard but...

"Aeson."

"Caesel."

We said in chorus. Oh, my God! So he also has something to say. Hay, stop Caesel! Stop imagining things!

We look away after calling each other. Hays, awkward! Awkward!

"Go ahead, Caesel."

"Go ahead, Aeson."

We both utter again. Hays what's this?

"No, go ahead." Another one.

We started a staring game and let our eyes speak. But suddenly a voice of a young boy caught our attention.

"Look, Summer. They're playing a game! Hi, can we join in your game?" The little boy asked us.

"Yes, yes. We want to join your game!" The little girl agreed.

Aw, they're so cute!

"Hi,I'm Caesel. What's your name?" I speak to them.

"I'm Matthew and she's Summer." The little boy introduce themselves, while holding each others hands.

Maybe they're siblings, how I wish I had too.

"Hello Matthew and Summer. Sadly, we're not playing a game. Are you two alone here? Are you lost?" I said, we're really not playing a game why did these two kids here think that we're playing. Huhu

"Aww but you look playing a mind game." Summer pouted.

Waaaaaaah! Is she going to cry?

"Come on, Summer. Let's go back to the playground. Don't be sad, we will play later" Matthew faced her and pinch her cheeks.

"Hmmm, take care going back to the playground Matthew amd Summer. Bye!" I said amd wave my both hands.

Aeson's POV

The two kids walk away to us. They walk while holding each other hands. They look like me and Pristine when we were younger. I stared at them while smiling.

"Aeson!"

"Aeson!" I feel something poking my arms.

"W-what is that Caesel?" I asked.

"Tsh, I've talking here but you're not answering me. Are you still with me?" She said. She's irritated again, hays.

"Ah, S-sorry. What are you saying again?" I asked her.

"I said we've been together looking for cure for how many days but still you're not saying anything about the person you're looking for a cure. Can you tell me something now?" She said in a calm tone.

Hay. I let out a deep sigh before starting.

Caesel's POV

"Let's say this person is really important to me. I love this person very much and I can really do anything and everything for her. "

Her? Is he looking forbher mother too? Maybe for sister... or. Hays. I looked at him and he's looks like seing the person he's describing while looking at the sky, he's smiling. That smile, I fell because of that smile! Tsh.

"How about you? You're just telling me back stories about your mom you're not also introducing her to me." I was starled when he faced me and look at my eyes. I look away.

"Ah,that. Ahm, I'm calling her Mommy Tin. She's so beautiful even she's sick you can still see her pretty face." I said teary-eyed.

"Tin? What's your surname?" He asked me as if he knew someone that has the same name with my mom. My answer made him stood up.