Chapter 11: Life Is Unfair

Caesel's POV

"It's been three days since I met Aeson. Aish! Why am I thinking of him!" I said and go back studying. "But you know what Chichi, he's tall, he has a dark skintone, and he's so handsome." I said while carrying Chichi, my chicken stuff toy. "Aish, Chi! Why did he keep on running here in my mind! Well maybe because I'm happy to have someone that could help me find a cure for mommy." I said smiling.

I am currently at my room, studying lessons that I have missed because of taking care of my mom. Actually, nurses said that they will take care of mom while I'm attending my classes but I'm the one who insisted to skipped classes so I can focus more on taking care of her and also looking for possible cure for her.

Reasons why I can't just sit down and listen to the doctor's diagnosis and ways of curing my mom, because I'm still hoping that somewhere in this place there's cure or maybe someone knows how to cure my mom's illness. They said that many of their patients survived by miracle. But I won't believe them, I can feel that there is a cure in this disease.
I just need to find it.

I continue studying and when my 1 hour study timer ends I went to bed and sleep. I'll be meeting Aeson again tomorrow.

[The next day in the Park]

Caesel's POV

This park, where I found Aeson, is an eco-park. There are trees, different trees actually and benches where you can sit,breathe and relax. Here you can really do reflection in life, escape your messed up life or maybe just chill. It's so relaxing here, the air was fresh plus the humming of the birds it's just so refreshing. I'm really proud that this generation still made to sustain this kind of environment.

I am currently sitting om the same spot where I met Aeson, he's also here he's just buying some foods. Hays, that goofy boy he plead so much so I can treat him foods. He said he's so hungry at first I can't believe him not until I heard his stomach growls. Hahahaha, I remember it again hays that was so funny.

"Caesel!Here's you biscuit and one can of diet soda!" he said and handed me the foods.

"Thank you for this I'm so hungry and you know I don't have money to buy foods like this hahaha remember last I was just eating a mango?" he said, "Ahhh, this biscuit is so delicious." he added.

I stared at him while saying those words, he's so pure. I can't stop smiling while looking at him. "You're welcome. But can I ask where are you from, I mean are you lost here or something? Cause you know you, don't have money hahahaha." I said. I was just really curious why he doesn't have money.

He finished his food and drinks before answering me, "Ah,Eh..." He look away.

"Ih? What?Are you going to recite vowels here?" I asked. He doesn't even look like a begar that's why I'm so curious to ask this question.

"No, hahahaha. But you know what Caesel, sometimes there are things that we are not able to know. So we need to stay unaware of it." he answered amd suddenly the atmosphere became so serious.

Aeson's POV

There are things that I can't say to you Caesel because you can't understand me. You should stay where you are don't try going somewhere else because it wouldn't help you.

I stared at her while saying those words to her and watch her expression changes.

"You're so unfair, Aeson!" she said and beat me again.

"Just like life, it is unfair. All we want to do is to live with our love ones right? But what did life gave us? They became sick and we can't evem spend time with them happily. And the only thing that we can do is to try our luck to make them better." I said.

"Hahahaha you're so serious. But yeah, I agree. All my life I didn't fall for someone, to a boy to be exact. I just focus my life on studying and showing my love to my mom. Not because she's restricting me but it's my choice because I really love my mom, I respect her and owe my life to her. That's why really wanted the best for her because she chose me even I'm the worse part of her life. " She said while looking at the sky.

I don't what to amswer so I just stare at her face and I realize that her morena beauty stands out when exposed to sunlight.

"Aeson, look the sky is so calmimg." She said.

I looked up the sky and yes she's right. The sky is so blue and the sun is shining so bright today.

"You know what Aeson, I dreamed to reach the sky. " She said and looked at me.

"Uh... Why are you planning to die, Caesel?" I asked.

"Pfffft! Aeson! You're so funny. Of course not! I'm a tourism student. I want to be a flight attendant." she explained.

"Ah okay. I see. Hahaha. I'm sorry sometimes I really got a dark humor. "I said and scratch my forehead.

"Haaaaaaay! What if we start looking for something that will help us than being so dramatic under this tree. Right? Come on, let's start doing our best." She said and start walking.

"Hey, Caesel wait for me." I said, I picked up the biscuit wrappers amd soda cans we used before following her.

Hays this girl is really impulsive. Just like Pristine.

Third Person's POV

They went to several hospitals in town but what they recieved was the same answers they've beem receiving even before.

"It's up to the patients immunity to survive this condition."

"The cure is getting developed maybe next year or so."

"Yes, we've been treating this condition but we can't assure the survival rate."

"Hay, I'm tired Aeson. They all have the same script. Hahahaha." Caesel said.

She looks so tired and they have decided to end their day after this hospital.

Whitehills Heart Center.

They are in front of medical center's gate when Aeson pull Caesel closer to him.

Aeson's POV

"Caesel! " I called her and pulled her when I saw the car will almost hit her.

Our eyes met and I realize that was holding on to her waist. I don't know but I can't look away. Her thin almond brown eyes are so attractive, pointed nose and slightly pouty lips are so complimented with each other. She's so beautiful.

"Through the years,
Through all the good and bad
I knew how much we had."

That music. Pristine.

I look at her eyes, I smiled but in a blink of an eye I realized it wasn't her, this girl is Caesel not Pristine.

I let go of her and she fixed her clothes.

"I'm sorry. " I said, she just nod and she entered the medical center.