Chapter 8: Lost It

It was almost night and the street lights started to light up when Aeson reached the tree.

Aeson's POV

"I'm here again, Mr. Tree!" I said like a kid.

I'm so excited to meet Mada again. I know she will help again. I know that I already promised her that this will be my last but I can really feel that, 2050 will be my very last shot.

I put my hands in my pocket to get the chant. But...

"Where is it?" I utter. I can't find the chant.

My heart is pounding, it sounds like a bass drum.

"No, Aeson just keep on searching. It's just in your pocket. Wosh! Calm down Aeson." I said to myself.

I also search on the ground hoping that I just dropped it there. But there's no piece of paper there.

"Aish! Of all things I can drop? Why that piece of paper. Argh! Aeson you're so careless?" I said, I'm so irritated to myself. Argh!

I stared at the tree.  Afterwards I moved closer to the tree.

"Hello, Mada? Can you hear? Mada. I can't find the chant. H-how can I go there? Mada please answer me. Mr. Tree help me to reach Mada please." I said my tears are starting to fall again. I don't want to be trapped here.

I keep on knocking to the tree bit nothing happend. All I want is to get a cure for Pristine. That's all I want. I don't want to he trapped here.

"Hospital! Right, I maybe dropped it in the hospital!" I said to myself. After breakingdown, I get up and ran to the hospital as fast as I can.

[At the hospital]

"I never knew that I can be fast as flash. Hahahaha. You're doing great adrenaline rush." I said and pat myself.

I searched the corners carefully from the entrance of the hospital, the hallway, even in front of the clinic of Dr. Maranan. But I can't find it.

"Sir, excuse but did you see something... ahm it's a piece of paper it looks old..." I asked.

"Is it brown?" the janitor asked.

"Yes, yes did you see it?" I said,hayy maybe I really dropped it here.

He look something in the trash bin his carrying.

"This?" he asked holding a paper that's color brown.

I get it from him and read it.

"E-entec-entecabir... Ahm no sir this is not the paper I've been looking. Its just a list of medicatiom given to a patient with hepatitis. It looks old maybe because the owner spilled a coffee with it. Thank you, sir." I said and give back to him the paper.

Where can I find it? It so hard to find a piece of paper.

I'm starting to get tired. I decided to go back to the tree.

[At the tree]

"Argh! Aeson why do you even loose it! That's the only thing Mada said, not to loose but what did you do?! You careless man!" I keep on shouting and blaming myself. This shouldn't be happening if I take care of the paper in the first place I shouldn't enjoy the view and shouldn't just focus on asking questions to that cardiologist with just the same doctors from the past and my present.

My tears keep on falling because of frustration.

"Why didn't I accept the fact that I really can't do anything for Pristine? I can't afford to be trapped here" I said while crying.

What if I tried casting the chant without the paper, I know I can recall it.

"E-esh mashtus...erbanon, erbanon..."I tried to cast the first part of the chant but I can't recall the other part. My tears are like the water in the river it just keep on flowing.

I keep on trying but I just really can't remember it.

"I'm tired." I utter then I take a seat on the bench.

I looked up in the night sky and the stars tonight are really shining.

"Pristine" the tear in my left eye fell.

[Flashback]

I'm in the shore with Pristine. It is our first outing with our high school friends.

"Aeson, look at the stars. You know when I was a..." I cut off what she was going to say.

"Kid I thought that grandma is the brightest star in the sky" I added.

"Whatever Aeson!" she pouted.

"Hahahahaha, Pristine did you forgot we grew together! Hahahahahaha" I laugh at her.

"I didn't forgot, but at least let me tell you a story!" she's starting get irritated.

"I didn't forgot, but at least let me tell you a story!" I mocked her.

And she throw a sand to my face and run. I fought back and we reached the sea and got wet again.

-End of Flashback