Chapter 14: Caesel Is Just A Friend

Aeson's POV

It's another day, another hope to find cure. Currently we're here at College Hospital Costa Leon and we are talking to a medical student.

"Hello, Cameron. I'm Ceasel and he's Aeson." Caesel said so we did a hand shake.

"So, what may I help you?" Cameron asked.

"Well, my mom is currently in the hospital because of her condition,she has hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. May I ask if there's no concrete treatments for this condition?" Caesel asked.

"Ahmmm, for that as I've remembered when we're studying that condition they said that the treatments we still in the process of developing and all the medicine and therapy that are being applied today are all in experimental stage. But some of the patient that undergone to that process survived, they can love normally but still with some restrictions." He explained.

Tss. Same answer he just expanded it,"Well, Cameron thank you for spending your free time with us. I really appreciate it. Thank you for this information." I said smiling and I dragged Caesel out of the hospital.

I can't hide my disappointment, I'm starting to loose hope.

"Why did you drag me?" She asked as I let go of her hand.

"I'm sorry, Caesel. My frustration just got me. I'm sorry." I said.

She hugged me for a while and when we let go of our hug I dragged her again.

"Aeson, what's your problem? So fond of dragging today? Hey, it's tiring. Stop!" She complained.

I brought her to a park near the College Hospital, good thing it's still here. I looked at Caesel and she looks so amazed.

This park has stone paintings, mini fountains and fairy lights. It's getting dark and the park becomes more beautiful.

I remembered the night I surprised Pristine and the night she met Aetine, I smiled. But suddenly I realized that it's also the night I almost lost her. I thought this is the year where I can find a cure for her, but still I didn't.

We're currently walking around the park and currently Caesel is walking ahead of me, she's really enjoying the park. I smiled again, I heard my heart pounding.

She stopped in front of a huge stone painting amd she brought out her phone.

"Aeson! Come on, let's take a picture here." She said.

I walked towards her and we took a picture, I can see the happiness in her eyes.

"You deserve this." I whispered and smile for a picture.

We took a lot of pictures using her phone. This is the first time I saw her smile like this, the way how her eyes spark for a moment when the fairy lights started to light up and while she's staring the stone paintings. She needs a break from everything.

Afterwards, we went to the waiting shed and wait for an e-Jeepney or bus to arrove so we can go back to the eco park.

"Aeson, thank you for bringing me here." Caesel said wearing her sweet smile. Tss, how many times do I need to tell her stop being cute?

"Tss, small thing. I'm always here when I was young, you in our times..." I stopped, I almost spilled a tea. Good thing she laughed.

"Hahahaha. You sounds so old! Aeson you're so weird. Hahahahaha." She teased me. Tss, I'm really older than her.

"You sound so old." I mock her, "What I am saying is when I was a kid I'm always here. Tss." I explained and glared at her. But seriously I got chills when I almost told her.

"Ahh, you know what this is new to me." She said.

"Huh? New? This park is about 20 years old." I said.

"No, what I'm trying to say is the feeling and experience is new to me. We've been always careful to go out because of Mom's condition. The only park I've been is the eco-park. That's all, but I'm still happy with that atleast I got to see something aside from our apartment. " She said. Hays, her eyes looked sad again. How could I make this girl happy just for one day?

"Is that so? I'm sorry to hear that." I said.

"No, that's okay because even I experienced that kind of childhood I still love my mom cause she still chose me and love me even I'm the worst that happend to her."

"Worst?" I asked.

She didn't have the chance to answer me since a bus arrived and when we entered the bus, there are still standing passengers. "Just the same." I said to myself. I sighed. Caesel was about to be touched by a man so I grabbed her and we switched position.
"People are still the same, tss." I said again in my mind.

Caesel's POV

Aeson grabbed my hand and he dragged me, we switched our position.

"Why?" I asked but he didn't replied, I looked at him he looks irritated.

We're already here at the eco-park but Aeson's still not talking.

"Aeson, I'll be staying at the hospital tonight. Is it okay if I left you my things?" I asked.

"Aren't you tired?" He asked me back.

"Ahm, I just missed mom. I'll be leaving the blanket here so you can use them." I said smiling.

He nods and I helped him to fix the beddings, I mean a blanket, we're putting it to a long bench here so we can sleep comfortably. When it's okay, I bid my goodbye to him.

Aeson's POV

Caesel decided to visit her mom tonight. That means I will be alone tonight. She helped putting the beddings on the bench before leaving.

"Bye, Aeson! Thank you for today." Caesel said showing her sweet smile. Again!

"Ah, okay. Take care, are you sure I don't need to walk you to the hospital?" I asked, it's getting late that's whu I'm worried she might be in danger.

"No, no. Just take a rest. Good night." she said.

"Okay, Good night." I replied and my heart is pounding like crazy again. I hold my chest and feel it.

I watched her walked away and when I can't see her I layed down to the bench.

"Hay." I let out a deep sigh.

Being alone tonight leads me to overthinking. I don't know how I would be able to go back in 2020, my present time. I miss my parents, sometimes I wanted to visit them but I don't know if they will recognize me and I'm scared that introducing myself to them will make a fuss. Most of all, I miss the reason why I got here, Pristine. I miss her sweet voice, I miss eating with her, I miss teasing her and it'll end up with a fight. I found myself smiling while thinking of her. I stood up and touch the tree.

"Mada, can you hear me? I'm longging for them already. Can't you give me another exception? Mada, please." I said hoping that she'll hear.

I go back laying to the bench and started watching the stars. They're shining so bright to night, I hope Caesel's seing this tonight. I hope she's not sad again. In just a moment, I saw her innocent smile, her brown eyes.

"Argh! Aeson! Stop! That's not right! You hage Pristine, okay?." I said to myself, irritated. Well, Caesel is just friend. Yes, she's just a friend and I just want her to be happy as a friend.