Chapter 19: She's Missing

Caesel's POV

I was half asleep when I heard a marimba playing my favourite song. Hay, what a good morning!

"Beautiful life,
Beautiful day"

I sing along with the marimba then I realized that it was my phone's ringtone. I rushed to my bag to look where's my phone. When I finally got my phone I felt my heart racing, what's this feeling. I flip my phone showing me who's calling, "Dr. Williams". He is my mom's doctor,why did he call me at this time. What if there's something happened? No. No. No. I take a deep breath before answering the call.

After the phone call with Dr. Williams I found myself getting my things and run to the hospital. My tears fall from my eyes like the raindrops when it raining.

"Caesel, we did our best to revive your mom." that was the fist and last words that Mr. Williams uttered, I can't hear what he wamted to say. I don't want to hear it over the phone. I can't believe him.

I know that this day will happen not just to my mom but to all of us. But I can't help but to get hurt, I didn't expect this. And I still don't want this to happen, this is the reason why I gave up my dreams and tried luck looking for a cure. Her life is the one I treasure the most.

I'm now in the front of the hospital, sun is about to shine but it felt like I'm in a dark place. I'm hurting. I stopped in front of the my mom's room when the nurse hold my arm.

"Ma'am, she's already in the morgue." The nurse said.

I felt like I lost all the energy I have. I cried so much and kneel in front of the door.

"Why mom? Why?" I said as if she could hear me.

The nurse helped me to stand up and she guide me to the morgue.

"Ma'am Caesel, be strong." She said and pat my shoulder.

I tried to smile at her but I know I failed. She open the door for me and there I saw a body covered with a white cloth. I covered my mouth with my two hands and keep on crying. I walk towards the body and there I confirm. It's my mom's cold body.

"Mom, wake up. I'm here. Mom." I said crying.

I shake her the way I'm doing everytime she's having a nightmare. I looked at her face, she's really beautiful. I touched her face and hold her hand.

"Mom, why did you left so soon? I found him already. Why did you do this? Why now?" I said. I can't do anything but to hug my breathless mother.

Aeson's POV

Crash!

I woke up with a crashing sound.

"Woah! What's that?" I said, standing up furiously.

I look around and I saw a branch of tree that fell. Woah! Just a branch I thought I was in a war. I look at Caesel's bench but she's not here.

"Huh? Where did she go?" I asked myself.

I fold my blanket and keep it in the tree and started roaming around the eco park.

"Through the years,
You never let me down
You turned my life around
The sweetest day I've found
I've found with you"

I sing our favourite song while walking.

"Hay, I can't wait to see you, Pristine." I said and smile alone. And continued searching Caesel.

I almost roamed the whole eco park but I camt find her. So I decided to go back to our spot. Maybe she went to the gasoline station after waking up.

While going back to our spot I saw Matthew amd Summer again. They're really like me and Pristine. I smiled amd wave at them and they waved back. My heart is so full knowing that this day would be a special day for me.

I reached the tree but Caesel's still not here. I noticed that her things are missing also.

"Hay!" I let out a deep sigh.

What if she left me? What if she got afraid me? What if she thinks I am crazy? What she's now heading to the police station and reporting me? I can't see Pristine anymore.

I scratch my hair and sit down. I don't know what to feel right now. I'm upset, I'm scared, I'm sad. The smile I am wearing a while ago just fade away. Caesel why did you do this? Where did you go?

Caesel's POV

It's been two days when I head to the hospital leaving Aeson sleeping alone in the eco park.

I'm in a crematorium, today's the day of mom's creamation. It's been two since she left and I decided to sent her body here. Since, this is what she's always saying to me when she's still living. She said she doesn't want me to see her laying in a coffin for so long and she doesn't want me to hear crying in front her. So I did. And I think this will also helped me.

Dr. Williams is with me, he accompanied me here and he's also lending me one of his house. Dr. Williams became my mom's close friend and I even see him as an uncle.

"Ma'am here's your mother's remains." A man said, handing me a jar.

"Thank you." I recieved it and Dr. Williams gave me a ride and dropped me off to his house that he lend to me.

While looking at my mom's jar, my lips form a smile. I remembered what she said to Dr.Williams, she said that she's happy and I shouldn't be sad because finally when she's gone she can rest for real and be away of the sufferings she had been through.

"Mom, I know you're now resting." I said, "Thank you for still choosing me." I added and I went inside the house and put the jar near her picture in a shelft.

I saw the album my mom always browsing and I get it. I saw her pictures whem she was a child. Her face didn't chamge, she's still pretty as she is. As I keep on browsing I saw a picture of a young boy, he looks familiar.

"Aeson?" I said. I remembered him and I found myself rushing to the eco park. I took a cab so I can go there fast.

"We're now here, Ma'am." The driver said. I paid my fare and I get off the cab right away.

I run going to our spot but there's no Aeson here. Where did he go? Maybe he's looking for a cure. But mom died. It would be useless. I'll be waiting for him.

I fell asleep and I only woke up because I felt some water drops in my skin. It's already dark and it's raining. Aeson didn't came back. I decided to left the eco park and went home.

Through The Years[COMPLETED] जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें