Chapter 46.

"My parents are in town in two days."

I look up from the glove compartment of his car. "Say what now?"

Harry glances at me. "They're coming to see Tessa. They mentioned they wanted to meet you. If you're free to do dinner."

I bite my tongue. "Can we talk about this tomorrow? You just got back and I—"

"Don't want to freak out on me already?" His lips quirk on one side. "Okay." He parks the car, grabs his bag, and then takes my hand as we get out.

A cool breeze blows off the water of Elliott Bay as we walk along the waterfront. A few boats bob in the gentle motion of the water, the ferries docked and ready for their next journey.

"I have to go away for another shoot this week," Harry says, breaking our silence.

"Oh." My heart sinks. "Where to?"

"Down to California. Santa Barbara. Where you shot last time?"

I nod.

"Come with me." He stops and stands in front of me. "You have Day's hen party in L.A. this weekend. My shoot is on Friday. We can stay over until Saturday. Then I'll fly to Vegas and meet Aaron for his stag party."

"Really? You'll let me come with you?"

He nods and brings me in for a kiss. "Just...don't run out mid-shoot again, okay?"

I open my mouth and close it again. "You might have to tie my legs together to guarantee that."

"Can't do that. I like them open too much," he teases.

I bat his chest and walk again. "You're so bad," I sigh.

"I'm sorry," he says, resting an arm over my shoulders. "What would you like to talk about?"

"I don't know. The time you bashed your pantry door in, maybe?" I glance at him.

His jaw ticks, and I smile. I nudge his side with my elbow, and he grumbles his sister's name.

"She's such a cow," he mutters.

"Cow? Are you Brit-talking me again?"

"Would you like me to Brit-talk you?"

"You're changing the subject."

"You mentioned the Brit-talking."

"I asked you if you were. It wasn't an invitation to Brit-talk me."

"Bollocks," he whispers in my ear. "Knob. Trousers. Knickers."

"Say 'knickers' again."

"Knickers," he whispers, his breath seemingly hotter this time.

"That's the sexiest damn word in existence."

"Knickersknickersknickers!" he says louder.

I clap my hand over his mouth and laugh. "Hey, don't go shouting that shit. I don't want every girl here getting excited over your Brit-talk. That's mine. You hear that, Harry Styles? Your Britspeak is mine."

"Just my Brit-speak? I'm offended, my little American bitch."

"You and your Brit-speak are mine." I reach up and kiss him. He drops his arm to my waist and pulls me closer.

He drops his arm to my waist and pulls me closer. "Good," he murmurs. "As long as you know that."

"Me? You're the one who needs to know it, shouting 'knickers' all over the place!"