Chapter 25.

"Have you ever had a proper French pastry?"

        "What part of 'I've never been to France' don't you understand?"

        Harry grins and pushes me back down on the bed. "You know, when I call you my bitch, I don't mean it in a literal sense?"

        I poke my tongue out at him, snuggle back under the sheets, and yawn.

        "Okay, tired bitch, I'm going to get you pastries. I'll be out for a while, so get some more sleep if you can." He leans over and kisses my forehead.

        I sigh as the front door closes. I've never had jet lag like this before. I've never been so timefucked that I want to carve out my brain with a dessert spoon.

        My phone buzzes from the nightstand and I reach over blindly. I smack the top of the stand several times before I find it and tuck it under the covers with me.

What are you doing today?

        Dayton texts.

Waiting in bed for some hot British guy to bring me pastries.

Under the thumb!

Or hankering to be my boyfriend that's really a boyfriend.

        And boy, he really is. When we landed late last night, he wouldn't let me so much as touch my suitcase before he handed them off to a porter. Then when we got up to our suite, he made me tea and called down for toast and bacon.

        Now, he's getting pastries.

        But shit. The guy brought me to France. And our relationship that isn't really a relationship is beginning to feel exactly like a real relationship. I mean, the forehead kiss. You don't forehead kiss a girl you're just fucking or a girl you care about. Nope. You forehead kiss a girl you want to be with because you know if she wants you too, it'll make her spine tingle.

        I am tingly. I'm frickin' vibrating from that one brief touch. I can still feel the warmth of his lips on my skin. Because, goddamn it, he's a real man. Only a real man could kiss my forehead with the barest of touches and set me on fire.

How is your relationship that isn't really a relationship?

Hovering somewhere between a relationship that isn't really a relationship and a relationship that could be a relationship.

SQUEEEEE!!

        Did she just fucking squee at me? Paris messes with her head, clearly.

Don't ever squee at me again,

        I shoot back. Seriously. No one in their right mind should ever squee.

Sorry. I just want you to be happy.

I am happy. I was happy before I met Harry. He just makes me a little...happier.

Oh, just get over yourself and agree to be his girlfriend.

Don't you have a man to entertain?

He's out getting pastries. ;P

        Wow. Their mamas trained them right.

        I reply saying that I'll talk to her later when I know what we're doing and slide my phone beneath the pillow. It's surreal to be in the city Day has told me so much about—to see the place where she and Aaron fell in love. Before, it seemed like a whole different world.