Chapter 52.

I follow Harry onto the plane with a swirling in my stomach. I lick my lips several times, as if I can shift my focus from it. It doesn't work. I get the feeling that the half slice of toast I had this morning before we left isn't sitting well and will soon be making its reappearance.

I settle my hand over my stomach as I sit on the plush, leather seats. Harry eyes me, concerned, and I remember him talking about going to the doctor. Sure, we never made it, but I'm starting to wish I'd called and got an appointment.

If she can give something, anything, to make this awful all-day-long sickness go away, you bet I'm gonna jump on it.

"We can delay a little bit if you need to," Harry says softly, pushing hair from my face.

I nod, not daring to open my mouth. He gets up and knocks on the door of the cockpit. I hear him ask them to hold for fifteen minutes. Then he'll come back and let them know if we need to delay further.

My stomach cramps as he walks toward me, and I get up, darting around him. One hand on my stomach and the other clamped over my mouth, I run to the bathroom. He follows me and opens the door.

I drop to the floor in front of the toilet, and my suspicions are confirmed.

Harry holds back my hair as my stomach empties itself into the sparking porcelain. He rubs my back as I choke and splutter, seemingly unaffected by my vomiting.

My eyes burn with hot tears once again, and I reach up to flush the toilet.

"Fucking hell," I mutter to myself.

Harry releases me, and when I turn, he's holding a packet of face wipes and a toothbrush. I offer him a weak smile, and he crouches next to me.

"I came prepared." He opens the wipes and tenderly cleans around my mouth and chin before handing me some for my eyes.

I wipe my makeup off completely. Right now, I don't give a crap how I look. I grab the toothbrush from him and get up. Bile rises in my throat for a second time and I pause, gripping the side of the sink.

"Are you—"

I shake my head and wave my hand at him. I take a few deep breaths through my nose and the feeling subsides. Thankfully.

"Now." I shove the toothbrush at him and he puts some toothpaste on.

I scrub hard and reason that at least I'll have clean teeth if this keeps up. As long as I don't become one of those pregnant women who hates toothpaste. Then I'm really going to have some problems.

I rinse the brush and leave it on the back of the sink since there's no holder. "I'm okay," I reassure him. "Let's go in case it comes back."

I precede him out of the bathroom. I sit in my chair again, secure my seatbelt, and lean forward on the table. Harry takes the seat next to me after talking to the pilot.

"I guess the blow job is off the cards," he quips.

"Start a tally. I'll make them up to you when the thought of something in my mouth doesn't make me want to gouge out my stomach."

"Well, it's nice to know you're so attracted to me."

I smile, closing my eyes. "Any time you doubt it, all you have to do is ask, honey."

"I think I'll avoid it if I'm honest." He reaches over and rubs my back again.

I hum at the soothing sensation. The pilot speaks over that we're heading for the runway to take off and that the weather in California is sunny, clear skies, and eighty-six degrees.