Chapter 6.

"I know him already," I squeak out.

Dayton tilts her head to the side, looking at me blankly. "Well, I suppose that will make everything easier. Maid of honor and best man thing. You guys have to get along."

"Oh, we do. I can't say we've talked much, but we get along just fine."

I see the moment it clicks in her head, and her jaw drops. My mouth flattens into a thin line and an awkward silence lingers as neither of us knows what to say.

That'll teach me to get a last name next time I fuck someone.

Dayton picks up her glass and drinks half of it in one go. "Well, that's a surprise."

I snort. "Yeah? Like the fact that he was the guy who photographed me two days ago?"

"I was supposed to go to that one with him. Oh my god." She covers her mouth with her hand. "Liv! Did you fuck him after your shoot? Oh my god!"

"Um. I plead the Fifth."

"Ohhhhh, shit."

"If it makes a difference, we'd already met."

She closes her eyes. "You fucked him twice?"

"I know, right? This week is full of great, little surprises," I joke, trying to make light of it and avoid her next question.

"And you're..."

"Well I wasn't planning on getting his last name, but now I'm assuming it's Styles, so that throws that plan to shit, eh? And no, I'm not. I'm fine."

So what if he gave my orgasm back and Mr. Jack Rabbit helped me to it last night with the thought of him?

Maybe not totally fine.

"This is bad, Dayton. So, so bad." I grab my own wine glass and do as she did, drinking half in one go.

Two male voices laugh outside.

"And it's about to get worse," Day gasps.

My eyes widen. Oh, hell fucking no. Hell. Fucking. No.

"Hide me!"

Dayton bites her lip, an apologetic glint in her eye, and my heart thuds when I hear his voice.

"Wine already? Isn't it early, even for you?"

Dayton says nothing, just stares at me.

"What's going on?" Aaron asks.

I finish my wine.

"Um, Harry, I'm assuming you met my best friend, Liv."

I'm gonna kill her. She couldn't hide me, could she? There's nothing good about this. Not at all.

I turn around and give him a wry smile. "Surprise."

Harry displays no outward signs of shock as his eyes meet mine and send a jolt down my spine. "I like surprises," he says with a grin.

I like surprises. I like flowers turning up at my door, I like birthday presents, and I like it when my best friend surprises me with a girls' weekend. I don't like surprises like this.

Not that Harry isn't a nice surprise. He is. He's very pretty to look at. Okay, he's fucking incredible to look at. And touch. And taste. And think totally inappropriate thoughts about. He's a nice surprise when he doesn't come with an aura of danger and a grin that tugs at my addictive personality.

I mean, really. He has a dimple. Every girl likes to look at a guy with a dimple.

I slide my empty glass to Dayton and she fills it without speaking. First sign of addiction: rationalization of your actions. It's not okay for his grin to affect me just because of his dimple.