Chapter 29.

I stifle a yawn as I follow Aaron around the new bar. They landed back in Seattle minutes after Harry and I did, and Day took one look at me and told Aaron to bring me here.

        She's taken Harry to get coffee, and I swear, if she's pulling her matchmaking shit, I will kill her.

        "What do you think?" Aaron asks.

        I look around the building. Right now, it's carnage in here. Builders are everywhere. There's dust and wooden planks and whatever in every single possible place. But looking at the plans in my hand—Aaron's vision—I see it.

        "I think it's gonna be the best damn cocktail bar in the city," I say honestly.

        "Good answer." He grins. "It should be ready to go in two weeks. When do you have to tell Donny you're leaving?"

        "I'll go by when I leave here and tell him. I'll give him a week's notice then take a week off."

        "No offense, but you look like you need it." He puts his hand on my shoulder and leads me toward the door. "Come on. I'll take you to see Donny and we'll grab a drink."

        "This can't be good," I mutter.

        Aaron catches it and laughs. "Well my fiancée is currently grilling my cousin and I've been told that, if I'd ever like another blow job, I have to do the same to you."

        "Fantastic."

        "But here's the difference—we'll talk normally, and when she inevitably asks you about our conversation, you'll tell her that I chewed your ass out from here to Miami." He shuts the car door behind us and tells the driver to go to White Stag.

        I smile. "Man, you know how to handle her."

        "I'm soft as shit for her, but what she doesn't know isn't going to harm her or my chances of a blow job."

        I laugh. "In that case, I will willingly lie to my best friend. As far as she's concerned, you asked so many questions that I decided to offer you my bra size for good measure."

        Aaron smirks. "Now who knows how to handle her?"

        "I have fifteen years of experience. She's wrapped around my finger." I wink at him as the car stops.

        Aaron opens the door and helps me out. My stomach bubbles with nerves when I walk into the bar and spy Donny behind the bar.

        "Let me get you a drink," Aaron says softly. "Sauvignon?"

        "Please," I reply. "Hey, Donny, can we talk?"

        My boss glances up and blinks in shock when he sees Aaron. "Mr. Styles It's a pleasure to meet you." He holds out his hand and I hold in my sigh.

        "The feeling is mutual, Mr. Hall." Aaron smiles politely.

        I cough and Donny looks at me. "Rosie, can you serve Mr. Styles, please? I'm going out back with Liv."

        He waves his hand, and I follow him out to his office. I wring my hands in front of me and sit in the leather chair in front of his desk.

        "What's up?" Donny settles back into his own seat.

        "I'm leaving," I blurt out. Way to quit with finesse, Liv.