Chapter 8.

I give the bar one last wipe-down and the door opens. "I'm sorry. We're closed for the night."

"College boy left then, I see." Harry's voice slides smoothly through the empty bar and wraps around me.

"I'm out of his league." I discard the cloth and lean forward on the bar.

"And she finally admits what she actually said to him," he says with a smile, sitting on the stool in front of me.

"How do you know he didn't realize that after he fucked me here?"

"Because you don't look like you've just been fucked. You look like you're ready to be though."

I straighten. "What are you doing here, Harry?"

"Aside from informing you that your skirt is too short for work, I'm here to talk to you."

"What could you possibly have to say to me that won't piss me off?"

"I talked to Dayton earlier. She chewed my ass out and told me to stay the fuck away from you. Naturally, I'm ignoring her."

"Naturally." I flick the light switches and cross to the door. "Do you mind? I need to lock up."

Wordlessly, he gets up and steps outside. I set the alarm and pull the door closed, sticking the key in the lock. I gasp when Harry steps up behind me and slips his hand beneath the hem of my shirt, flattening it against my bare stomach.

"You're acting like what I have to say isn't important," he says into my ear. His breath washes over my neck like a warm caress, and I turn the key in the lock with all my strength.

"I don't particularly care what you have to say, Harry." I step away from him. "If you don't mind, I'm tired and I'd like to go home."

"Fine. I'll follow you and we'll talk there."

"No, you won't. You're gonna sit your tight, little butt in your own fucking car and you're going to drive to your own place. We have nothing to talk about." I pull open my car door and pause before getting in. "Besides, I'm totally over it."

I drive away before he can reply and take the long way home. Hell, I don't want him following me. I still check the parking lot like a madwoman when I get back though. I have no doubt he could find out where I live if he really wanted to.

I'd be surprised if he didn't already know, but that would be crazy, because I get the impression that Harry Styles doesn't hear the word 'no' very often. In fact, I don't think he's ever heard it.

Well, he's going to be hearing it a lot from me. Turning up at the place I work in, giving my customers the stink eye, and then attempting to seduce me after my shift with the pretense of talking? Hell yeah, he's gonna be hearing 'no' a fucking lot.

And that talking bullshit. I bet he wanted to talk—with his cock. Frankly, though, I prefer his cock talking over his mouth talking. His cock isn't capable of spouting complete and utter douchery.

I shiver as I unlock my apartment door. Thinking about his cock isn't helping matters here. In fact, all it's doing is getting me worked up. It's not getting his arrogant ass out of my head or the tingle of his touch off my skin. It's making it worse.

I grab my phone to call Dayton, but 1:45 blinks back at me from the bright screen. Huh.

Maybe calling her at almost two a.m. isn't a smart idea.

I blow out a long breath and glance at Angus curled on the sofa. I turn the key in the lock and head for my room, intent on calling my best friend in the morning.