Chapter 19.

note: something BIG is coming ;)

        "We're going to dinner."

        I look up. Dayton is standing in my doorway, her hands on her hips and her eyes glued to me. Slouched on the sofa, like usual.

        "We are?"

        "Yes. We are. And we're going now."

        I look at my fluffy, pink slippers. "I'm really not dressed for Aaron's standard of restaurant."

        "So get off your ass and get changed."

        I swing my legs around with a huff. My eyes glance over at her—she's wearing skinny jeans, but they're teamed with a loose, sheer blouse, a fitted blazer, and a pair of darling Chanel heels. I would know because I've been staring at them lovingly online for weeks.

        "And if I don't?"

        She rolls her eyes. "Then you won't hear about Aaron's fun, new project."

        "I need to hear about it?"

        "You do. It's important. So move." She strolls across my apartment, her clicks clacking. She grabs my arms, yanks me up, and shoves me in the direction of my bedroom. "Heels. Nice jacket. Go."

        Yes, Mom.        

        I do as she said, forgoing my comfortable slippers and sliding on my new Louboutins. I grab a pale-pink blazer from my closet and switch it with my sweater. I leave the tank top on. She isn't getting me out of that.

        "Fine. Let's go." I run my fingers through my hair to fluff it and grab my purse.

        "Harry will be there." She glances at me suggestively.

        "Mmph. Two weeks ago, you were warning me off him."

        "Two weeks ago, you didn't have that goofy, little smile on your face you do now." She laughs, unlocking her car.

        "Go fuck yourself," I mutter, getting in. "You're driving? To dinner? Wow."

        Day's eyes cut to me. A small smile is teasing her lips. "It took me ten minutes to convince him that, yes, we're going to dinner, but I'm going to pick up my best friend and I'm not going to do that with the Styles army."

        I snort. Styles army. "And Harry probably would have pissed me off before I even got off the sofa."

        "Liv, the way you slouch around, you'd scare him off."

        "Pssh. Have you seen his apartment? Smears on the glass, empty cookie packages on almost every surface... I wouldn't be surprised if there's a dead bird in there somewhere."

        Dayton laughs loudly. "Yeah, this is true. Harry's not exactly tidy. Clean, but not tidy."

        "There's nothing clean about Harry."

        "I'm trying to work out if I'm disturbed by that or if I want to know more."

        Both of us break into a fit of giggles, only disturbed by the ringing of my phone. I check the screen and, on seeing Harry's name, drop it back into my purse. There's nothing he can't say to me in a couple of minutes.

        We pull into a parking lot outside Alessandria's, a gorgeous Italian restaurant. Aaron and Harry are standing by Harry's car, waiting for us, and both smile when we get out.