Chapter 30.

Omg I'm so happy cuz I can't believe this is the 30th chapter :') Thank you so much for the support. Ily x.

        "You look like you have a face slapped with a wet fish," Nana says. "Have you been salmon fishing?"

        "It's not salmon season, Nana," I reply. "And I don't fish."

        "Not salmon season? It flamin' well is! Bit cold for July though. Hey, Steve. Put the heat on. I'm turning into a snowman."

        I raise an eyebrow at Mom. "July? Nana, it's March."

        "No, it's July. I specifically remember arranging my next visit here for July."

        "Mother," Mom says softly. "You did. We talked about it yesterday. You said you'd come back in July."

        Nana blinks at her. "Oh. Did we?"

        Mom nods. "Yes. You said you wanted to come up in salmon season because you wanted fresh salmon."

        Nana tilts her head to the side. "Oh. Oh, all right. That would explain the temperature. Still, get the heat on."

        Dad sniggers and slinks off to turn up the thermostat. The woman is batshit crazy. He comes back a minute later and grabs his tea from the table.

        "I'm going into watch television. Lizard Lick Towing is on."

        "He's obsessed with the show," Mom explains at my shocked look. "I think he has a crush on that Amy girl. She's badass, she is."

        My fifty-two-year-old mother should not say badass. Mind you, my eighty-year-old Nana probably shouldn't swear like a drunken sailor either, but there we go.

        "Mother, are you going to shut your eyes for half an hour before your medication?"

        "No. I'm not tired. I want to know why my granddaughter looks like her thong is stuck up her ass."

        I jolt. "Nana!"

        She waves her hand. "Come on. Talk."

        I chew the inside of my lip. I don't really want to talk with Nana around. Not because I don't want her know... No, yeah. It's because I don't want her to know.

        "I'm not fucking moving, so start talking," she snaps. "I'm not going to be shocked by anything you have to say. I've done it all, honey."

        I raise my eyebrows at Mom. Maybe she should go for that nap...

        Mom sighs. "You better let her in on it. She'll only hound you until you give in."

        "I'm only hounding Steven because he hasn't given me my fresh salmon yet. Salmon season and no salmon! It's an abomination."

        Mom puts her hand over her eyes. "He'll get you some tomorrow, okay? I'll send him out fishing in the morning and we'll go to the farmer's market."

        Nana nods. "Good. Now, Olivia."

        I sigh and cross my legs on the sofa.

        "No? All right. You met a guy and you're afraid because of what happened before," Nana determines.

        "How the hell do you even know that?" I shriek. "Oh my god."

        "So I'm right? Ooh, goodie!"

        Now it's my turn to cover my eyes with my hand. Sly bat trapped me!