SEVENTEEN ▶ THE FIRST HYBRIDS

Faye's eyes snapped open when she heard crashing downstairs. She could hear Stefan's and Damon's loud snores coming from each of their rooms, alerting her that they were still asleep.

She rushed to get dressed, seeing that she couldn't fight anyone in just her underwear. After she was ready, she rushed downstairs, trying to find the threat.

Faye walked towards the front foyer, her claws extended in case there was someone trying to attack. The door was wide open and in the doorway stood-

"Elijah?" Faye asked, surprised. She slowly let her claws shrunk back into her hands. Her green eyes met his dark brown ones. She couldn't tell how he was feeling right now.

Faye turned to look at Elena, who was holding the dagger, "You are absolutely nuts!"

"You were thinking it too!" Elena countered.

"But I knew Stefan and Damon would have my head if I let him out." Faye slammed her forehead against the wall, "And I thought Klaus was going to be the one to kill me, but no! It's going to be tweedle dee and tweedle dumb."

Elena sighed, "Faye, we need his help. He knows Klaus."

"Because he will willingly tell us everything after you stabbed him in the chest." Faye spat out sarcastically.

"Can someone please tell me what happened?" Elijah butted in to their conversation.

Faye spun around, placing her finger over her lips, "Shhh!" She whispered, "The Salvatores will wake up and cause hell if they hear you." She looked around frantically, "We can't do this here. Any ideas where?"

"The Lockwoods." Elijah suggested.

"Can we trust you?" Elena asked him.

"Can I trust you?" Elijah repeated back to her, staring at the dagger in her hands. Elena sighed before handing it to him.

Faye grinned slightly, grabbing her keys off of the rack, "Great, I'm driving."

__

Faye pressed her foot against the brake in her car, stopping in the driveway of the Lockwood mansion. Elena was sitting in the backseat, watching Elijah as he drained the two blood bags Faye had brought with them. Luckily, those weren't her last ones or she would be without blood for the day.

"You look better." Faye commented, watching as the color slowly returned to her godfather's face.

He slammed the empty blood bag on to the dashboard and looked at the two girls, "Where did you get the dagger?"

"We'll tell you everything. But we have to work together, Elijah." Elena said, "I need your word."

"Yeah, because he always keeps his word." Faye muttered, causing Elijah to throw her a look.

"Your ability to make demands has long passed." Elijah said to Elena.

The doppelganger shook her head, "No demands. I'm offering you my help. And in return, I want yours."

"And why should I even consider this?" Elijah asked her.

"The same reason that you haven't killed me." Elena replied, "You need my help to kill Klaus. And I need you."

Faye's phone began vibrating in her pocket as did Elena's. Faye frowned, pulling it out and answering the call without checking who it was.

"What's the sitch?" Faye asked.

"Where are you?" Damon's angry growl came through the phone.

"Not where you are I'm guessing." Faye countered, smirking to herself.