FIVE ▶ MASQUERADE

Caroline sat on the couch in the middle of Salvatore boarding house's parlor. Faye stood in front of the fireplace, her arms crossed over her chest at what she had heard. Damon handed Caroline a glass of blood, "Here."

Caroline shuddered, "I'm still shaking."

Stefan walked in to the room and frowned, "What happened?"

"Go ahead, tell him." Faye said, nodding towards Stefan, "You're gonna love this."

Caroline sighed, "I saw Katherine today."

"Where?" Stefan asked with a frown.

"At the grill. I just stopped by to gawk and... quasi-stalk Matt." Caroline told him.

Damon rolled his eyes, "Skip the teen drama and get to it."

"Then I had to pretend to use the bathroom even though I didn't really have to go because I'm a doofus." Caroline continued, "And then Katherine was there. I knew it wasn't Elena since she was at home. Katherine wanted me to deliver a message."

"What was the message?" Stefan questioned.

"She wants the moonstone or she will rip this town apart until it rains blood." Caroline

answered.

Damon sighed, "Tell him the rest of it."

"Tonight, at the masquerade ball."

"She wants to do it in public. Killing Mason threw her off guard." Stefan ran a hand through his hair.

"She's running scared." Damon said, "What she did to Jenna was desperate. She's out of tricks."

Stefan shook his head, "We can't underestimate her. We have to play this smarter than her."

"Can we just give her the moonstone so she'll leave?" Caroline asked.

"No, Katherine's not getting dick." Faye growled, "I've had it. I'm gonna go to the masquerade ball and I'm gonna kill her, tonight."

"I second that." Damon said, high fiving Faye.

"You're not gonna kill her." Stefan told them.

Damon groaned, "Don't give me that goody-goody crap."

"You're not gonna kill her."

Faye quirked an eyebrow, "Really?"

"Because I am."

Faye clapped, surprised, "Welcome to Team Badass, Stef."

__

Faye answered the door when it was knocked on. Bonnie stood on the other side of it, holding her grimoire. Faye smiled, "Hey, come on in."

"I got Stefan's message." Bonnie told her.

Stefan arrived behind Faye and gave Bonnie a smile, "Hey, you brought the grimoire, thank you."

They both lead her to where everyone was. Bonnie frowned when she saw Damon and Alaric talking in front of the table full of weapons. She looked over at Stefan, "What's going on?"

Jeremy entered the room and answered, "We're gonna kill Katherine."

"I can explain." Stefan told her, seeing the look he was getting.

"Please."

A grin grew across Faye's face as she stepped forward, "We're gonna kill Katherine."

Alaric held up a weapon towards Faye, continuing the conversation from earlier, "This works with compressed air. The trigger mechanism is up here. I have two of these in a different size." He then held up a sleeve to show Faye and Damon, "For you I recommend this. It fits nicely under the jacket sleeve. You use the trigger when you're ready." He pretended to stab a vampire in the stomach, catching the stakes in his hand when they shot out. Damon and Stefan looked at each other, "You wanted me to show you how to kill a vampire."