TWENTY NINE ▶ HOMECOMING

Faye couldn't sleep after she had broken down crying in front of Lacey and finally opened up about everything. She sobbed about how she was tortured if she didn't drink the herbs Bonnie had gave her and how her best friend was an emotionless bastard who she couldn't fix. She didn't mention Mikael though, scared that Lacey might warn Klaus about him.

Lacey did her best to help her, but Faye actually told her that she needed space for a while after almost two hours of it and Lacey went upstairs, telling her niece that if she needed her, she would be right upstairs.

It was three hours since then and it was nearing six AM. Faye hadn't shut her eyes for a wink of sleep. She had showered, changed, cried more, and then made her way back down stairs to sit on the couch in quiet. A cup of tea made with the herbs she needed to keep the hallucinations and nightmares at bay sat on the coffee table in front of the couch she sat on, wrapped in a blanket. Her eyes were on the photos of the cave drawings Elena had most likely brought over to show Rebekah.

Her heart ached for the blonde Original. Losing a parent was hard, Faye knew that more than anyone. She was forced to kill her parents at eight and lived without them for ten years with barely anymore of them. But Rebekah knew her mother was dead and thought it was Mikael for Faye didn't know how long. Knowing she was lied to by her brother and that he killed their mother must have been much worse and most likely felt like she was seeing her mother dead again for the second time.

The said girl surprising walked down the stairs, wearing pajama pants and a t-shirt. She had tear streaks down her face and her hair was down and slightly messy. Rebekah turned her head to see Faye who looked like she was going through some bad things to.

"Can't sleep either?" Faye asked her, not averting her gaze.

"What happened to you?" Rebekah asked her.

"Life." Faye responded, reaching to grab her cup of tea. She brought it to her lips, nearly chugging down the drink in desperate need of it's soothing comfort, "What happened to you?"

"My brother, the bastard." Rebekah snarled, going to sit next to her on the couch. Faye let her sit there.

"I heard what he did." The hybrid said to the blonde Original, "That he killed your mother." The way Faye said he sounded like it was forbidden to be spoken between others. Rebekah didn't say anything, "I'm sorry you had to find out about it like that."

"Did you know?" Rebekah asked her, tilting her head in Faye's direction.

"Not until Lacey told me." Faye clarified for her.

Rebekah sighed and rested her chin on her hunching over to lean her elbows on her knees. Her was no longer on Faye's, instead on the blank TV screen in front of her, "I wish I didn't know at all. It feels like she died all over again."

"I would say I know how it feels, but I don't." Faye said to her, "We're under much different circumstances here."

"He's caused me so much pain despite how long I've stood by his side." Rebekah growled, "I want him dead."

"Well, he will be soon." Faye said to herself more than Rebekah.

The vampire's head snapped towards her, "What do you mean?"

"Your father has threatened to tear my heart out if we don't bring Klaus back to Mystic Falls so he can kill him or whatever." Faye told Rebekah, acting out how he was going to tear out her heart, "Like, he literally will. He already tried to if Stefan didn't tell him where Klaus was, which Stefan can't, but there was loophole and I lived."

"He's actually here?" The blonde stood up in shock, her eyes wide, "You released him?"

Faye shook her head, "Katherine was trying to wake him and then she lost him after he fed on her." She looked up at Rebekah who was having mild panic attack. She then regretted telling her anything because deep down, she had the feeling that would be the moment Rebekah would run and warn Klaus before they could do anything.