FORTY SIX ▶ REMEDY FOR A BROKEN HEART

"You're out of bed." Lacey Daniels look up at her niece in surprise when she walked into the living room that morning, dressed and ready for whatever day she was going to have.

It had been a day since the breakup of Tyler Lockwood and Faye Daniels, one that had nearly sent an angry mob in the form of the Daniels pack to his house ready to murder. Luckily, Lacey had been the voice of reason since Faye had been wallowing in her room, crying over how she wished she could have something as perfect as Troy and Gabrielle. Klaus had come by once to ask about how the strawberry blonde was doing after he had brought her home and tucked her into bed (she had insisted he wasn't going to dare leave until she was asleep, which had been the minute she hit the pillow). 

Lacey didn't even need to tell him how she was doing because he could hear her cries from downstairs. Faye was a mess to see her first boyfriend, her first love, having cheated on her with some werewolf he met and lied about when he returned to Mystic Falls. She went from angry, to sad, and to murderous within seconds and Lacey spent her day trying to make sure it was all under control and she could heal properly. She knew how to a handle a break up more than anyone, having done it with Elijah more times than she could count.

"Yeah, Bonnie invited me to go to Whittmore with her when she goes to pick up some of her Gran's stuff." Faye replied, moving to sit down on the couch with a mug of blood in her hands, "She knew I might want to tour the school before I apply."

"And you willingly got out of bed after everything you've been through the past few days?" The blonde raised an eyebrow.

"I've had my time to wallow in misery and now I got to get this post break-up process over." Faye explained to her, "There is supposedly a war brewing in Mystic Falls and I got to be on my A-game."

"I think you could take a little time off from this impending war business to get over your first break up, Faye." Lacey responded with a sigh on her lips.

The hybrid shook her head, "No can do. I've got myself to get over this whole break up business. Step number one, get drunk and cry about it, check. Step two,  cry about it sober for a day while watching Disney movies, check. We are now at Step three."

"What's step three?"

"Rebound." The look on Lacey's face made Faye scoff, "Don't judge me. I can do it even though you won't. Caroline said it works."

"Maybe you should stop listening to Caroline." 

Faye raised her mug to her lips, not taking the sip she needed yet, "Who else with give me awesome advice? You?"

A sarcastic laugh left her aunt as she rolled her eyes. Faye smirked wildly in response, loving to tease the woman who was basically her guardian now.

"I'm going to get this rebound over. Maybe grab them from a party or something me and Bon hit up." Faye told her, "And then tomorrow, I'll pack up the cheater's stuff and throw it in his face.

Lacey didn't want her to handle it all that way, Faye could tell by the small, disappointed sigh she let out, but she couldn't stop her, "Whatever makes you happy." She said.

"Won't make me happy, but it will do its job."

__

Arriving at Whittmore College, Faye jumped immediately out of Damon Salvatore's car, nearly kissing the ground. When Bonnie had invited her, she didn't know she that Damon was their ride and Elena would be tagging along so they could find some student to snack on since she couldn't drink from blood bags. It meant that the strawberry blonde had spent the car in the backseat next to Bonnie, trying to shut out the bickering that went on between the witch and the male vampire driving.