EIGHT ▶ BEFORE THE FULL MOON

Faye tapped her foot as she stood in the middle of the dirty cave three days after she and Elena had visited Katherine. She had her school bag, knowing she was going to be late if she had gone back to the boardinghouse and got dressed after this.

"Let's do it." Damon said as Stefan and him took one side of the tomb door each, "1,2,3."

They pulled the stone door off the entrance of the tomb, exposing the inside to Faye. They placed the stone aside on the wall. Faye walked up to the entrance, a smirk on her face.

"Oh, Kitty Kat. You're favorite hybrid is here along with your favorite boy toys." Faye pulled a blood bag out of her bag and held it up, "I brought some vamp juice!"

Katherine slowly stumbled around the corner, looking hungrier than she did all those days ago. She eyed the blood bag hungrily, wanting to pounce on it. Faye instead took the tub and stuck it in her mouth, draining the bag dry. Katherine rolled her eyes at her.

"Please... come on in. There's plenty of room for all of us." Katherine told the three standing outside the tomb.

Damon scowled, "I'd rather poke my eyes out."

"Mmm, they're such pretty eyes."

"We're here for the moonstone." Stefan told Katherine.

"Feel like tossing it over?" Damon asked her.

"Tell you what, you get your little witch to hocus pocus me out of here, you can have whatever you want." Katherine tried to negotiate.

Faye frowned, "I thought you liked it in here. Nice and safe where big bad Klaus can't get to you."

Katherine shrugged, "I've had time to reconsider."

"Meaning you're hungry." Damon said.

"I'm starving, Damon. And dirty. But above all, I'm bored." Katherine progressively got closer to the entrance, stumbling and grasping at the wall as she did, "At least running from Klaus wasn't boring - so here's the deal: you get me out of here, you get the moonstone and I'll disappear from Mystic Falls forever."

Stefan and Damon looked at each other, wondering what they should do. Katherine began walking away, "Let me know what you decide." She held up the moonstone as she staggered back in to the darkness of the tomb.

__

Faye stood in the Gilbert kitchen after they had been let in by Elena. She sat on the counter, eating some of the breakfast items laid out for the Gilbert children. They were all talking about what Katherine had said.

"You don't believe her, do you?" Elena asked the Salvatore brothers.

Damon shook his head, "No, of course not. We just want the moonstone."

"According to Rose's friend Slater, there's a way to destroy the spell that Klaus wants to break." Stefan told her.

Faye grinned and threw her hands in the air, "No spell, no doppelganger sacrifice. Ergo, you live. Yay!"

"How do you destroy it?" Elena asked them.

"By releasing it from the moonstone." Stefan explained.

"How do you guys even know this is gonna work?"

"Cause we have a crafty witch on our side." Damon said as he snatched a grape from Faye before she could pop it in to her mouth. She growled before turning away so he couldn't reach the food anymore.

Elena put two and two together, "You discussed it with Bonnie."

"She agreed to do anything she could to help us." Stefan said.