NINETEEN ▶ THE SAVIOR

Faye sat on Alaric's couch, her head in her hands. Damon had a werewolf bite from Tyler and he was going to die.

How the hell was she going to save him from death this time? There was no cure, no way to save him from impending death. Rose died, hallucinating and not knowing where she was. But, she wasn't in pain thanks to Faye.

She didn't want that to happen to him. He was one of the people who had took her in, cared for her. Faye didn't want to lose him. She didn't want Stefan to lose his brother.

"So that's what a werewolf bite looks like." Katherine said as she looked over Damon's shoulder at the bite.

"Yep."

"It's not that bad." Katherine told him, seeing that it just looked like a vampire had bit in to it and he didn't heal.

"Will be." Damon stood up, yanking down his sleeve to cover the bite.

"So that's it? You're just..." Katherine looked at where his bite was, sadness in her eyes, "Going to die?"

Faye jumped to her feet shaking her head, "No." She refused to let him die like this, not when he has so much to live for.

"Well, do you know anything about a cure?" Damon asked Katherine. She shook her head, "Me either." He grabbed his jacket and slipped it on, "Come on, Faye."

"145 years and no last goodbye?" Katherine asked Damon as him and Faye began walking out the door together.

"You don't get a goodbye." Damon told her, grabbing Faye's hand.

Katherine sped in front of them, placing a hand on Damon's chest, "No. Don't leave mad."

"Us ending up on good terms isn't exactly on my bucket list, Katherine." Damon attempted to leave again, but Katherine persisted.

"Klaus made me call Jenna to lure her out." Katherine told him, "There was nothing that I could do. I didn't have a choice."

Faye scoffed at her. She couldn't believe the vampire, "That's why he gave you the vervain. So you had a choice."

"It was her or me. I chose her." Katherine Pierce always protected herself.

"I helped you. You owed me." Damon told her, "Now when Klaus dies, you're going to walk out of here without a scratch and Elena's aunt dies. Somehow you're the only one that wins." He narrowed his eyes at the vampire, shaking his head in disappointment, "How'd that happen?"

"I didn't let love get in the way."

Faye rolled her eyes. Katherine was so self centered, so obsessed with making sure she lived, "Enjoy an eternity alone, Katherine." Faye sneered at her. Her and Damon pushed past the Bulgarian.

"What are you going to do?" asked Katherine.

Damon turned and looked at Katherine, "I'm going to offer myself as a replacement to Klaus."

Katherine shook her head, "He won't take you. He saw your bite, he said that your blood is impure. I'm sorry, Damon. But Jenna's dead, there's nothing you can do about it."

"Then I'll do it." Faye spoke up, gaining their attention, "I'll offer myself up to Klaus and he can use me as a sacrifice."

__

Faye her phone to her ear as she walked towards the witch house. She didn't want to run there, she needed time to think.

Damon had gone back to the boarding house, waiting for John to show up. He was going to be the one to break the news to Stefan about Jenna. But, then Faye was going to sacrifice herself and save the day.