FIFTY FOUR ▶ A LITTLE DEATH

"Hey, idiot." 

Damon looked up from his spot on the cot to the small barred window of the door. A small smile appeared on his face at the appearance of Faye with her cheeks pressed against the cool bars, a grin on her face. Both hands were wrapped around the bars, one clutching an open envelope tightly. She was happy to see him awake, and it was a nice thing to know after a night of feeling like death for Damon.

"Amnesia." He nodded towards, "What do I owe the pleasure?"

"Well, for one, I have breakfast." Faye's pale features were removed the opening as she bent down to grab a vial from the stool outside of the door. She grabbed it and held it up for him to see. 

He groaned in relief, slowly pulling himself up off the cot. Damon trudged over to the door and grabbed a hold of the vial. Within seconds, he had drained what had been in the small glass bottle, dropping it on the ground when he finished.

"Think Stefan will let you give me more than this tiny ass bottle?" The elder Salvatore questioned the strawberry blonde, not satisfied with his small meal. Faye understood how he felt. Her own desire for blood was stronger than the normal vampire and she wouldn't even be slightly happy with the amount of blood he had been given.

"Sorry." She apologized to him, "If I give you anymore, you break free and kill Jeremy. We don't want that, do we?"

Damon huffed, "Right."

"Don't worry, it won't be long until we get things under control and you'll be able to drink all the blood bags you want again." Faye gave him a tight lipped smile, trying to bring up his mood, "I think Stefan's got a plan, but I don't know."

"My hero-haired brother, at it again." The vampire scoffed, "Where even is he this fine morning?"

"It's actually kind of gloomy outside." Her sarcasm received an eyeroll, "He left last night. Told me to watch over you so you don't go and murder baby hunters. I think I'm doing a pretty great job so far."

"I'm miserable."

Faye smirked, "Well, he didn't say I had to keep you happy."

"Wait till' I get out of here."

The hybrid placed a hand on her chest in mock hurt, the one not gripping a hold of the envelop in her hand, "Damon, no." She told him, "If you kill me, that means I can't attend Whitmore next year." 

She dragged out her wording, slowly pulling the envelope into view from behind the bar. Faye made sure the return address was in plain sight so Damon couldn't say she was lying. A smirk slowly grew on his face as he looked at.

"Never doubted you for a second, nerd." He slyly commented, "We need to celebrate pronto. Me; you; the designated driver Stefan will go out and paint the town red."

Faye smiled at the thought. She had been wanting to really celebrate with her boys and maybe tag-a-long Lacey ever since she got the letter, but with everything going on she couldn't, "When you're done wanting to murder a specific someone, I'll hold you to it."

"Oh come on!" Damon whined, moving back towards his cot. He sat down, throwing his head back in a groan, "I woke up feeling completely unmurderous, and I'm pretty sure that it's safe to set me free."

"Don't even think about it, Faye."

Faye turned her head to see Stefan walking up to where she was standing on the tips of her toes to look into the window of the cell. She nodded towards him, acknowledging his presence before she turned her gaze to look at the man walking up close behind him.

Klaus Mikaelson. She had been hoping not to see him after she had to go and persuade him to stop Kol from killing either Damon or Jeremy, but in reality what good had that done. Faye wouldn't have even gone to his home the day before if it hadn't been for that. Their eyes connected for a few moments before the female hybrid removed her gaze from him to Stefan.