TWENTY FIVE ▶ THE RETURN

The mousetraps set along the floor were set off when Matt Donovan stepped into the room. Groans sounded throughout the room as he turned on the light. Bonnie, Caroline, Elena, and Tyler were all in the room.

" Ohh! Oh, come on!" Caroline moaned as she turned her head to look at Matt, "Seriously?! Do you know how long it took for us to set all this up?!"

"Forgot about senior prank night, huh?" Tyler asked him, annoyed.

Matt nodded, "Clearly."

"How could you forget?" Caroline said in disbelief, "We've only been waiting for this since like freshman year."

Elena got up and sighed, giving Matt the smallest smile she could muster up, "Yeah, Matt. If I'm doing this, you're doing this."

"I'm kind of surprised any of you are doing this." Matt glanced around the room at all of the people who had been through the hardest of times.

"Caroline's making us." Bonnie told him.

"We're about to be seniors." Caroline said, "These are the memories that will stay with us forever, and if we don't..."

Elena cut her off and continued on, hearing the speech millions of times, "And if we don't create these memories now, then what's the point of it all?"

"Go ahead and make fun, I don't care." Caroline raised her hands in surrender, "Faye would have loved to done this, even after all we've been through."

At the mention of their friend who had been taken away from them, the mood suddenly dropped. Tyler pursued his lips at his almost-girlfriend's name and stood up, acting as if it hadn't affected him.

"You're all lame." He said as he grabbed one of the duffel bags, "And I've got ten more classrooms to prank." Tyler left the room, going to wallow in his own misery.

Elena moved to go out after him, but Bonnie's voice stopped her.

"Hey! Where are you going?" Bonnie asked her.

Elena grinned at her, "To superglue Alaric's desk shut. I'm making memories."

Caroline returned the smile and shouted after her as she left, "I love you!"

Elena stepped out into the hall, laughing when she saw Tyler giving instructions to some of the other seniors. She began making her way towards the history room, shoving open the two doors.

"There's my girl." She heard as she bumped into someone's chest.

Elena looked up, meeting the man's eyes. She let out a loud gasp in fear, "Klaus!" She attempted to turn the other way and run, but he caught her arm. Klaus forced her to turn around and face him.

"You are supposed to be dead. What are we going to do about that?"

__

Managing to escape the truck Klaus had left her and Stefan in was a miracle. Faye had slipped past Rebekah and had gone into the school. She had to leave Stefan behind, but she knew he would have rather her take the chance to go save Elena than stay and try to help him wake up.

Faye stopped in the middle of the school, trying to catch the scent of anyone she knew. She knew it was senior prank night since she had kept track of the days. Her and Caroline had been waiting the whole time Faye had been in school to do this.

"Okay, Faye, concentrate." She attempted to coach herself through the process, pressing her fingers to her temples. Faye inhaled deeply, taking in everything around her. It was then when she caught the familiar smell of AXE bodyspray and another of lilacs.