Hide and Seek S2 E6

By the next morning, things had gone from bad to worse. Before I went to sleep last night, my father was engaged to a troll and that was bad. But when I woke up this morning, I didn't awaken to the sound of birds chirping or children laughing down in the town. Instead I awoke to the loud banging of a fist on my door.

"Give me one second!" I called back to the person at the door.

Before I went to open the door, I grabbed the closest cloak to me and wrapped it around me. I caught sight of my messy bed hair and groaned at the sight of it. I attempted to flatten it as I rushed over to the door.

When I opened it, I was surprised to see Arthur standing there and he looked worried. Before I could even ask what was wrong, he ushered me back into my room and shut the door.

"Where's Merlin?" Arthur asked.

"Merlin? I don't know. I've only just woken up," I told him.

"Clearly," Arthur muttered sarcastically, looking at my hair, making me roll my eyes. "Look, Lady Catrina has accused Merlin of stealing some sort of family seal."

"That's a load of rubbish!" I exclaimed. "Merlin would never—"

"I know, but she has all the guards looking for him. I'm going to go and try and find him before anyone else does but if he comes to you first, tell him to get away from Camelot," Arthur said quickly before he left my room without another word.

With yet another problem arisen, I chucked on the first dress I could find and flipped my hair into a messy bun; I'd sort it out later.

I rushed out of my room and went down to Gaius'. When I got there, Sir Leon and several other guards were already ransacking their house.

"Sir Leon, what is the meaning of this?" Gaius asked politely as I walked over to him.

"I am here to arrest Merlin by orders of the king," Sir Leon told us, but I could see in his eyes that this was something he didn't want to do.

Gaius looked over at me so when Leon walked away to look with the others, I leant closer to him.

"Do you know where Merlin is?" I muttered subtly.

"He's doing what he always is at this time, working for Arthur," Gaius replied.

My eyes widened at my stupidity to not check there first. Not giving anyone any other answer, I ran out of Gaius' and started to make my way to Arthur's room. But on the way there, I felt someone gently grab my wrist and pull me around a corner.

I didn't react as I already knew who it was.

"I didn't do it," Merlin said straight away.

"I know, I know," I assured him, cupping his cheeks in my hands.

"What do we do now?" Merlin asked.

"First we need to hide you somewhere safe," I said. "And I know the perfect place."