Arthur's Plan S2 E2

The next morning, Arthur and I, along with three other knights, rode out of the Camelot castle walls

The next morning, Arthur and I, along with three other knights, rode out of the Camelot castle walls. When we were sure that we were safe from the prying eyes of the villagers, Arthur and I climbed off our horses. I had told father that I wished to see Arthur off but would return soon after.

"I'll meet you here in four days. You must tell no one I've returned to Camelot," Arthur ordered the knights, as he repositioned the saddle on his horse.

The knight at the back of the little group nodded, grabbed Arthur's horses reins and trotted off.

I kept ahold of Cinnamon for now as I would be riding back soon to make sure father was certain that Arthur had left. Suddenly, I heard someone fall over in a bush behind us. Arthur and I turned to see Merlin pulling himself back onto his feet, grasping onto a bag.

"You're late," Arthur commented.

"Sorry... Gaius... The floors," Merlin mimicked himself wiping the floors through gasps of breath.

"Do you need to sit down?" I laughed, taking the bag from Merlin so he wasn't having to carry it. Arthur then took the bag from me to see what was inside.

"No. I'm good," Merlin said, straightening up and taking a few deep breaths.

"You sure?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yep," He smiled before resting an arm over my shoulder. "Although... Just to be safe."

I gave him a sarcastic smile which soon turned into a genuine one as he started playing with the hair that rested on my shoulder.

"What is that smell?" Arthur asked, walking over to us, pulling on one of the tops. "Whose clothes are these?"

"They're mine. I washed them specially," Merlin shrugged, as we watched Arthur try to straighten out the top. "Are you sure this is a good idea?"

"Seems pretending to be somebody else is the only way to get people to be honest with me," Arthur replied, wrapping a cloak around himself but paused when he saw us.

"What?" I asked, as we watched his eyes flicker between Merlin and myself.

"Do we need to make a 1m rule?" Arthur asked, folding his arms.

"Possibly. I mean, you are quite invading of one's personal space," I told Arthur.

"No--I--I--meant--" Arthur stuttered.

"You know, I get what you mean. He is quite invasive," Merlin added, making me laugh.

"Will you two pack it in. Why do you always gang up on me?" Arthur asked.

"Because... A) It's easy," I began.

"B) It's fun," Merlin added.

"And C) Your reactions are always so over the top," I finished.