Ambushed and Acting S2 E4

Oh my god guys! I am so sorry. I completely forgot I was supposed to update today so here is the late chapter xx

Today was always a tough day for Morgana and considering all that she had been through these last few weeks, I saw it only fit that I agreed to accompany here on her pilgrimage to her father's grave. Gwen would be coming along too so it was sort of like a girl's trip. No Arthur and no father at all.

So that morning I went down to the courtyard and saw Cinnamon already waiting for me with one of the Knights.

"You're getting a lot of exercise recently, aren't you, girl?" I smiled at her, stroking her snout. I then took the reins from the Knight who bowed his head. "Thank you."

I pulled myself onto Cinnamon's back and trotted over to Morgana and Gwen.

"I hope your trip isn't too upsetting," Arthur said to Morgana, as he moved her cloak so it was covering the back of the horse rather than falling at the side.

"Thank you, Arthur," Morgana replied gently.

"Don't worry, Arthur. Gwen and I'll look after her, won't we?" I said.

"Of course," Gwen agreed.

"You be careful as well," Arthur then said to me.

"Why would I need to be careful? It's not like I'm going away to war or anything," I said.

"Just be careful," Arthur repeated, patting Cinnamon's mane.

"Ok, I'll try not to get myself killed," I joked, but only earned a small smile and a glare from Arthur.

"Ensure you return to Camelot before dusk," Arthur then said to one of the Knights who was accompanying us. There would be a couple more of them but clearly this one Knight was in charge.

"Yes, sire," The Knight nodded.

We all then began trotting away from the courtyard and started to make our way towards the forest.

Once in the forest, I sighed a content sigh.

"You seem happy," Morgana commented.

"Don't you just feel so free out here? No men telling us what to do," I smiled to myself.

"Apart from the Knights," Morgana said.

"Yes, well. You know what I mean," I replied.

"I do," Morgana agreed, with a small smile.

I noticed Gwen wasn't looking like her usual happy self so I leaned forward on Cinnamon and looked over at her.

"You look troubled, Gwen," I said.

Morgana looked over at her as well, concern written all over her face.

"I'm fine," Gwen assured us, plastering a smile on her face with a chuckle.

"You're very secretive these days. I'm beginning to think there's a man involved," Morgana said, making me smile to myself.

"When do I get to meet any decent men?" Gwen countered, causing me to raise an eyebrow at her.

We fell back into a comfortable silence until it was broken by at least three dozen of men yelling. I looked over to my left and there were a lot of bandits running down at us. It was an ambush!

The Knights that had come with us all surrounded us and started to fight the bandits while the three of us were huddled up in the middle.

"My ladies, you must follow me..." The Knight Arthur had spoken to instructed us. But no sooner had the words left his lips did an arrow embed itself into his back.