No Respect, No Position S2 E1

When the sun finally rose, I got up and got ready quickly. Arthur had told me that he had a surprise for me and to say that I was curious would be an understatement.

 Arthur had told me that he had a surprise for me and to say that I was curious would be an understatement

Once I was ready, I left my room and went to meet Arthur and Merlin in the courtyard

Once I was ready, I left my room and went to meet Arthur and Merlin in the courtyard. When I got there, they were just hovering around the horse like those really annoying flies.

"What's the surprise?" I wasted no time with asking, as I jogged down the stairs.

"We are going on a trip," Arthur told me, smiling.

"A trip? Where?" I asked intrigued.

"You ready for this? A hunting trip in the woods," Arthur said, with mock enthusiasm.

"Nope. I'm not going," I decided, going to turn away.

"Unfortuntely for you, you have no choice. Father's orders," Arthur told me, grabbing my hand and pulling me over to my horse.

"Of course," I muttered.

"It won't be that bad," Merlin encouraged.

I raised an eyebrow at him and stared at him. Merlin gave me a quick smile before he left to go and get something.

"Yes, because killing innocent animals is so fun," I replied sarcastically.

"Oh, we're not killing innocent animals," Arthur said.

"We aren't?" I asked.

"Nope. There have been reports on a boar roaming the woods and terrorising the local villagers so we have been given the task to kill it," Arthur elaborated.

"And Father wants me to go?" I questioned.

"He said that it would be a good chance to use your archery skills for something useful. But let's be honest, he probably just wants you out of his hair," Arthur said.

"Oh," I muttered, as I began to saddle up my horse.

"Hurry up, Merlin," Arthur ordered him, as Merlin came back up to us with a sword.