The Assassin Strikes S2 E2

The next day, Merlin met Arthur in the town before they came over to the tent. When they came in, Arthur pulled me aside.

"I need to tell you something," Arthur muttered to me.

"Is everything alright?" I asked.

"I just..." Arthur said it so quickly that I didn't pick it up.

"I'm sorry?" I replied.

"IjustkissedGuinevere," Arthur said again too quickly.

"Arthur, speak slowly and louder," I told him.

"I just kissed Guinevere!" Arthur whisper-yelled, and that is when I finally heard it.

"Oh my God!" I squealed before hugging Arthur.

"Don't make it so obvious," Arthur warmed me, as we glanced over at Merlin.

"I know but this is amazing! I cannot believe it!" I laughed happily.

"You can't tell anyone. I don't even know if it meant anything," Arthur admitted.

"Of course, it meant something. You have no idea how long I've been waiting for this," I smiled up at him.

"Oh God," Arthur muttered, as though realising something for the first time.

"What?" I muttered.

"If this meant something... and Guinevere and I are... something, we would both be courting servants," Arthur explained.

"And?" I said.

"Father would have a heart attack if he found out," Arthur said. We both looked at each other before I started laughing at Arthur's expression. "Chelsea, it's not funny."

"Oh, but it is," I laughed.

"Arthur, you might wanna start getting ready now," Merlin called over to us.

"Go and get ready," I told him, pushing him towards Merlin.

"They're nearly ready for you, sire," William said, coming into the tent.

"Already?" I panicked. "Will you be ready in time?"

"Don't worry, Chelsea. I got this," Merlin assured me.

A few moments later, Arthur was ready to go and win this tournament. Helmet under his arm and sword in hand, Arthur took a deep breath and put on his helmet. He walked out to the loud cheers of the audience as he had become pretty popular among the court and the people.

The two Knights got into position and waited for the boy to lift the red flag. Seconds later the flag was lifted, and the flag boy ran out of the way as Arthur and the other Knight charged at one another.

I watched Arthur closely and was over the moon to see his back straight, his arm lifted, and he was in a perfect stance. He would easily win with this.

But I was wrong. When they reached one another, Arthur was knocked back by the other Knight's lance.

"No," I muttered. There was no way he could lose with the stance that he was in.

I continued to watch Arthur and noticed him clutch his side as though he were in pain. Seeing this, I went over to one of the horse boys.

"Bring him over quickly," I requested.

"Of course, your highness," The boy nodded before running over to get Arthur.

"Chelsea?!" I heard Merlin call out to me, but I was running over to Arthur's tent to see what I could do to help.