No Fooling Around S2 E12

With all of Camelot passed out and vulnerable and the King nowhere to be found, I must admit that even I was beginning to feel slightly concerned for the sake of Camelot. If there were no people left, there was no Camelot. Cause Camelot is nothing without the people in it, something that I feel my father lacked the knowledge of. Mentioning my father, we still had no clue where he was. Though I had no idea why we weren't running to his quarters first, I didn't put up an argument when Arthur started to lead us towards Morgana's room. All we were probably going to find was a passed out Morgana, and possibly even Gwen.

Being careful to not make a sound, the three of us crept into Morgana's room, our eyes all immediately noticing the passed out maidservant that was laying peacefully on the floor. Her dark brown hair was spread all around her head as she lay still, her chest moving ever so slightly, indicating that Gwen was thankfully alive.

Arthur was quick to shove his sword into my hands before rushing over to Gwen's side and carefully scooping her into his arms and carrying her over to Morgana's empty bed in order to give her some comfort. Feeling a presence beside me, I glanced to my left and saw Merlin standing there, watching how Arthur was carrying Gwen. When he noticed me looking at him, he gave me a smile and wrapped his hand around my own, pulling me into his side. I couldn't help the smile that rose to my face as I saw Arthur move a strand of hair from Gwen's face, carefully adjusting it to the side.

But as Arthur straightened up, the sound of someone banging into the wall came from behind us. We all turned to look at the noise, only to see the closed curtain ruffling by the window. Someone was here. Running quietly back over to me, Arthur grabbed the sword from my hand and carefully approached the curtain. Raising his sword, Arthur pulled the curtain back, grabbing onto the person who was hiding. As soon as I heard the familiar scream of terror and saw the fear plaster on her face, I knew that there had been a misunderstanding. It was just Morgana.

"It's me. It's me, Morgana," Arthur tried to calm her, as she squirmed in his arms. "What's happened?"

"I didn't know it was you," Morgana whimpered, her entire body trembling.

"Calm down, Morgana. Just tell me what happened," Arthur requested calmly.

"People were complaining, saying that they were ill," Morgana began.

"And then what?" I asked, letting go of Merlin's hand and walking over to Morgana.

"They started falling asleep. Everyone. Everywhere I went," Morgana told me, moving over to my side, grabbing onto my hand with her own shaking ones. But then how is it Morgana wasn't affected by it? What made Morgana so different—? Magic. Morgana's magic must be blocking the sleeping curse or whatever had overtaken Camelot.

"Was someone here?" Arthur asked, but Morgana simply shook her head. "Then why were you hiding?"

"I told you. I didn't know who you were," Morgana said.

"Where's our father?" Arthur inquired.

"I don't know," Morgana whispered.

"Arthur, she's clearly distressed," Merlin stepped in, trying to stop Arthur's overwhelming amount of questions.

"She was awake then she must've seen something," Arthur countered.

"I didn't see anything," Morgana said.

"You saw people getting sick," Arthur reminded her. "What did you do?"

"What could I do?" Morgana responded in confusion.

"Morgana, I don't understand! Why is it that you're the only person awake?" Arthur asked, and as Morgana opened and closed her mouth, nothing coming out, I could see just how much she really needed Merlin and I to help her with her magic. Note to self: when this is all over teach Morgana to control her magic.