What about my Chicken? S2 E2

Around an hour had passed since Merlin and I had talked and I had returned to my room when there was a knock at my door.

Not expecting anyone, I got up and went to answer it myself. I was shocked to open the door to see Gwen standing there with Arthur resting his hand on her shoulder.

"Chelsea. You busy?" Arthur asked, but without waiting for an answer, he walked Gwen into my room and shut the door.

"Please. Do come on in," I said sarcastically to Arthur, though I gave Gwen a small smile. "So... what is it you need, Arthur?"

"I need you to keep Guinevere, here busy for the rest of the afternoon," Arthur said, making me furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"What? Why? I'm pretty sure that Gwen is capable of looking after herself," I reminded him, sharing a glance over at Gwen who looked just as confused.

"Well... I have been recently informed that I am arrogant and rude," Arthur began, causing me to smile over at Gwen who had retreated to staring down at the floor. "So to make up for it, I shall be cooking Gwen dinner."

"What?" Gwen finally spoke up.

"You? Cooking? Sounds like a match made in hell" I muttered.

"I can cook," Arthur defended.

"Arthur, no offence, but I've never seen you in a kitchen let alone lift a finger to cook something," I said.

"How hard can it be?" Arthur shrugged. "And anyway, it's the thought that counts."

"Yeah, sure. I'll just remind you that when you give Gwen food poisoning," I scoffed.

"Arthur, it's fine. You don't have to do this," Gwen wisely assured him.

"No. I must do it. So you two can spend the afternoon doing whatever it is that girls do," Arthur said.

"And what is it you suggest we do for the next few hours?" I asked.

"I don't know. Go pick flowers, brush your hair, do your makeup and that sort of stuff," Arthur suggested, causing me to glare at him.

"Is that really what you think girls do?" Gwen turned to him.

"We--well, I wouldn't know what girls do," Arthur looked taken back at her accusation.

"No, of course not. You've only been living with Morgana and I your whole life," I sighed sarcastically.

"Ok! I get it. I'm gonna go now," Arthur finally announced, raising his hands in the air in surrender.

"Yeah, that's it. Off you go. Go and cook a masterpiece," I joked, causing Gwen to laugh and Arthur to glare at us as he left the room.

"So... what shall we do first?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For a while, Gwen and I just wandered through the busy little streets talking about pretty much everything that we could think of. Just from our conversation, I could tell that there was something happening to Gwen and I had a feeling it had to do with my brother.

Somehow, Arthur's name came out of Gwen's mouth multiple times even when we weren't talking about him. I wonder if I talk to Arthur if he'll keep on bringing up Gwen too. If that is the case, I may or may not have to enroll Merlin to help me play matchmaker.

Speaking of the devil (not), I smiling Merlin came walking towards us with a bouquet of flowers.

"Hey, Merlin," Gwen smiled.

"Hello, Gwen. Princess," Merlin smiled back, and I noticed a mischievous glimmer in his eyes when he looked over at me.

"Who are the flowers for?" Gwen asked, but I could have sworn I saw her glance over at me.