The Weight of Magic S2 E3

From my window I could see the guards dragging all those who were even slightly guilty towards the castle. They weren't even being gentle; they were treating them all like dirt and I had a feeling that was my father's doing.

I'm willing to bet everything that I own that 90% of all those accused were completely innocent and just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I wanted to help them; I really did. But I didn't know how to without being sent down to the dungeons myself. I needed to be here for Morgana so that wasn't an option.

What I needed to focus on now was helping Morgana without giving away too much. I know that I shouldn't keep secrets as big as me having magic too from Morgana, but it was something that I was going to have to do.

For most of the day I was left unbothered by anyone. I tried to research what could have happened to give Morgana magic in one of my many books but I couldn't find anything that was even slightly plausible.

At around 8 that night, there was a knock at my door.

"Enter," I announced after making sure my book was well hidden.

A smile spread across my face when I saw Merlin walking in. He shut the door behind him and collapsed into a chair.

"Merlin, are you alright?" I asked, crouching down in front of him.

"I don't know if I've done the right thing," Merlin muttered.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I told Morgana where to find the Druids," Merlin admitted. "I know we said to Gaius that we wouldn't say anything, but..."

"You're not the only one," I interrupted him. Merlin looked up at me in confusion. "Last night, Morgana came to me. She told me that..."

"That she thought it was magic," Merlin finished, making me nod.

"I wasn't going to tell her anything but then I just thought that if it were me I would want to know the truth," I defended.

"So, you told her you thought it was magic," Merlin guessed.

"Yeah," I sighed.

"That's not the only thing," Merlin said. "I went to see Kilgharrah and he kept calling Morgana a witch. He said that she should never know the full extent of her powers. When I asked him where I could find the Druids he refused to help me when he knew it would help her."

"But why would Kilgharrah, a creature of magic, refuse to help another magical being who needed it?" I asked.

"I don't know. But it looks like we're the only ones who can help her," Merlin said.

"When is she leaving for the Druids?" I asked.

"Tonight. The King will probably come straight to you to see if you know. You and Gwen are the closest to Morgana," Merlin said.

"Yeah. Yeah, I know."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Merlin had been right. No sooner had I woken up and got dressed had I been called back down to Morgana's room. The bells were tolling loudly and everyone was going crazy.

"Chelsea, when did you last see Morgana?" father asked, as soon as I walked into the room.

"Good morning to you," I replied.

"This is no joke. Where is she?" father said dangerously.

"How should I know? I've either been stuck with Arthur at my side or been in my room. I haven't seen Morgana since yesterday," I told him.