The Confusion of Sir Leon S2 E3

I was sure that Merlin had gone ahead to either help Morgana locate the Druids or to warn her that my father was trying to find her. I just really hoped that he didn't get himself in trouble.

"Chelsea, for the last time. Go with Arthur, now," my father's voice brought me back.

"I'm sorry?" I asked.

"You are to go with Arthur and find the Druids," father said.

"What? Why? What happened to me sitting back and observing? I thought Princess's didn't do this sort of stuff?" I asked sarcastically.

"I don't have to explain my reasons to you. Just go," father replied.

"I am convinced that he's trying to get me killed," I muttered to Arthur, who had linked our arms together and started to drag me away from father.

"Shh," Arthur replied, but I could see him trying not to laugh.

"You know I'm right," I continued.

When we got out to the courtyard, all of the Knights were ready to go. Leon walked over to us, holding Cinnamon.

"Your highness," Leon nodded to me, handing me my horse.

"Thank you, Leon," I smiled weakly.

Somehow I needed to either convince Arthur to turn back or I needed to cause some sort of delay to give Merlin as much time as possible to help Morgana.

Making sure no one was looking, I subtly stepped on a jagged stone and pushed down on it till it broke the heel of my shoe. It was such a simple set back but 'a Princess must always look regal and every part of you should be perfection' as my father always said. They wouldn't allow me to go out with a shoe that's hanging in half.

"My Lady," I heard one of the Knights say to me. "Your shoe." He pointed at my shoe and I fought back a smile that someone had noticed it.

"Arthur, my shoe," I called out to him, pretending to look distressed about it. "I can't go out like this."

Arthur got off his horse and walked over to me.

"How did that happen?" He asked.

"I don't know. I must have stepped awkwardly when I was coming down the stairs," I lied.

"Leon!" Arthur called.

"Yes, Sire?" Leon asked, running over.

"Go and get my sister some different shoes from her room," Arthur ordered him.

"I can go," I offered.

"Don't you worry, your Highness. I'll be quick," Leon assured me. Brilliant.

Everyone was now waiting on Leon to come back with some shoes but I was busy trying to find another excuse. Luckily, I didn't have to. When Leon finally got back he was holding some of my tallest heels and even Arthur saw a problem with it.

"Leon?" Arthur said, staring at the shoes.

"Yes, sire?" Leon replied, with a smile on his face.

"How on earth do you expect my sister to ride a horse in those?" Arthur asked.

Leon looked down at the shoes and his smile faltered. He held them up to the light and then it hit him.

"It's the height, isn't it?" Leon asked. Arthur's eyes widened and he nodded. "I'll be right back."

"Hopeless," Arthur muttered to himself, running a hand through his hair. "At this rate, the Druids could know we're coming."

'Well, that is the plan' I thought to myself.