I Will Fix this, I Promise S2 E9

Even after an hour of pondering over the cause of the mysterious deaths, we were none the wiser about what had happened and decided to depart from each other. After leaving the town and giving Gaius his space to try and find out more about what could have happened to that poor couple, I was summoned to the great hall by my father. I wonder what about?

Was I nervous? Yeah, a little bit. This was different to every other time I had defied him as this was right out in the public, as if that hadn't happened before, not to mention it could ruin his reputation if it all got out. But that wasn't what I cared about. I was more concerned about what would happen if he found out it was Arthur who had been there with me. Last thing I needed was my brother getting in trouble on my behalf, again.

When I got to the hall, my hands slightly clammy, the guards immediately shut the doors behind me, leaving my father and me alone in a painstaking silence. He was sat in his throne, as usual, resting his chin on his hand, the other one tapping threatening on the arm of his throne and staring at me through narrowed eyes.

"Morgana said you were ill last night," father commented trying to make it sound casual, though there was nothing casual about this meeting at all.

"I was," I answered simply, hoping that if I answered clearly and plainly there would be less for him to question.

"What exactly was wrong with you?" father asked. "Don't hold back, my dear. I want to know all the details."

"Oh. I just had a headache and felt a bit sick. It was probably just a bug but I didn't want to risk giving it to anyone else," I lied, remaining where I stood by the door, my hands wrung together.

"But you're fine this morning?" Father said, sitting up in his throne.

"I am. Like I said, it was probably just a bug," I answered, knowing better than to mistake his question for one of concern.

"So you stayed in your room the whole evening?" father inquired, and I knew from the look on his face that he knew I hadn't.

"For the most part. I went to Gaius' to see if he had anything such as a sleeping tonic or something like that that would help me get to sleep like how he does with Morgana. Luckily, he did but he told me to be with someone when I drank it as it could sometimes have some side effects so then I went to Morgana's room. I didn't stay for long though. I was only there about an hour before I went back to my room. I figured if any side effects were gonna have taken place from the tonic it would have kicked in by then," I explained.

"And you didn't go out into the town at all?" father asked, making my heart start to beat a little faster.

"No. Not at all," I lied, making sure to keep all emotions off my face.

"Then why was I told this morning that you were seen walking through the town at around midnight? I had a guard who was on patrol last night come and inform me that you and one of the knights were seen leaving the tavern together," father said. "They didn't see who the knight was, but—"

"Whatever you are thinking, it is not correct," I said before he could say anymore.

"They then told me that you were very close to said knight," father continued, ignoring what I had just said. "He claimed that you were leaning into his side, and he was hugging you back."

"What? That is so wrong. Not to mention a lie," I defended, taking a step forward.

Father remained quiet for a few seconds before he spoke up.

"Come here," father requested quietly, but I remained where I was stood. Seeing this, father leant forward in his seat and narrowed his eyes at me again. "I said come here, now!"