Sugar

Corpse didn't leave his house much that was 100% true. He ordered groceries and often didn't sleep much.

His neighbor Sykkuno was the opposite. He loved the outdoors and loved everything to do with people and conversations.

How they ended up as neighbors was so unlikely but none the less it didn't matter. Corpse would see him constantly out to walk his dog or leave to get groceries. He would see the boy constantly but never let the fear leave.

Sykkuno had noticed his neighbor. He had never talked to him because every time he saw him it was at night. He could see from the corner of his window that he was up to late. He always looked tired but when he was playing he seemed to be happy. He would brighten up and its an aura that he could feel from the house over.

Slowly the two were more and more curious. Sykkuno wanted to see what caused his neighbor to act this way. To never leave his house to always order food instead of going out and getting it. Corpse wanted to be more like him. More open and happy about things.

The saying "Curiosity killed the cat" wasn't fair. It wasn't curiosity it was just a dumb cat. Slowly Corpse found himself walking around his room. Pacing as he slid the skull ring up and down his pointer finger.

Sykkuno stood at the door. Not to his house, but at his neighbors. He had run out of sugar and he needed it to bake his chocolate pecan cake. He pulled his hand up to the door and knocked twice.

Corpse froze in place. His groceries weren't meant to be here today. Anxiety rose to the roof as he walked to the door. He opened it and there was his neighbor.

"Hi I'm Sykkuno I haven't gotten the chance to talk to you much and I wanted to know if you had any sugar?"

Corpse stared at him for a minute before finally comprehending what was going on.

"I might have some. I'm not to sure since I haven't used it for a while," Corpse said while instinctively pulling on his shirt.

Sykkuno smiled and they walked into the kitchen. It was a plain room with tan walls and a dark brown flooring.

They searched the cabinets and finally found sugar. Sykkuno reluctantly grabbed it and smiled at Corpse.

"Well I should probably go," Sykkuno trailed off and wanted to turn and ask to stay.

"How about you cook whatever it is here?" Corpse asked while silently begging him to say yes.

"Just let me grab my things," Sykkuno said.

Corpse sat down on one of the chairs at the kitchen table and sighed. Why had he chosen to do that? What demon possessed him to possibly do that?

After 15 minutes Corpse figured Sykkuno wasn't coming back that is until he heard the doorbell ring. He opened it and Sykkuno had two bags that seemed completely filled with stuff to make whatever sweets he was after.

Corpse stared at the boy with curiosity. Sykkuno set the stuff on Corpse's counters.

"Do you want to help me bake?" Sykkuno asked in his usual chirpy voice.

Corpse just nodded his head and slowly Sykkuno showed him what to do. Corpse quickly got the hang of what he was doing and him and Sykkuno were dancing around the kitchen baking.

"Do you mind if I play music?" Sykkuno asked.

"I don't mind," Corpse said.

Sykkuno grabbed his phone and played his playlist called baking soundtrack.

Song after song played until Corpse heard a familiar song Alexander Hamilton.

"You like Hamilton?" Corpse asked while putting the food in the oven.

"I love Hamilton!" Sykkuno exclaimed with pure admiration in his voice.

Corpse smiled lightly.

"What's your favorite song?" Corpse said while taking a seat.

Sykkuno followed and sat in the chair in front of him.

"I would have to say Helpless. It's just so amazing," Sykkuno said while holding a bright smile.

They sat in a comfortable silence until Corpse spoke up.

"Your really interesting," he stated flatly.

Sykkuno looked at him confused, "how so?"

"Your outgoing unlike me. I can't go outside without freaking out but your nice to be around," Corpse said as the tips of his ears flushed lightly.

"I just want to be nice. I've noticed you don't go out much and I wanted to get to know my neighbor," Sykkuno said as if it wasn't a chore just plain fun.

Corpse was about to open his mouth only to be stopped by the oven beeping.

Sykkuno pulled out the sweet and placed it on the table.

"Thanks for the sugar!" Sykkuno said while slowly cutting the cake.

"Your welcome, also I better get some," Corpse said while giving a noticeable smile back.

Sykkuno put a piece of cake on a plate and passed it to Corpse. They both ate in silence with small glances back and forth.

When time came for Sykkuno to leave they said their goodbyes.

However every other day it seemed Sykkuno was going shopping and forgetting sugar. The next week he knocked on Corpse's door.

Corpse swung it open and smiled at the revealed black haired boy.

"Hey can I cook over here I forgot the sugar!"

Well hope you guys liked it Im planning a part 2