Not Again

Angst

Sykkuno shut his door behind him. His breathing quickened as he pushed his back to the door. He was having trouble breathing. He felt so light headed. He felt sick to his stomach. He had ruined it. He had just ruined everything.

Corpse sat on his bed feeling guilt seep into every thought he had. He had just rejected Sykkuno. He had told him he was sorry. That he had a girlfriend. It wasnt a lie. He really did but she was horrible. She wanted money that Corpse wouldnt give so she would go to other guys. He honestly regreted not saying to wait a minute, break up with his girlfriend, then telling him yes.

Sykkuno could feel tears welling in his eyes. He had just ruined everything that him and Corpse built. They had become friends. They started making jokes with each other. Soon enough they had become the closest in the group. Had he misread the signs? No they were there.

Corpse looked at his phone while his new found ex girlfriend went off on him. Corpse didn't mind it. He had hurt Sykkuno and that was the worst thing you could do. Sykkuno just poured his feelings out and Corpse rejected him.

Sykkuno was trying to keep his breathing steady. Toast was next to him helping him through it.

"1 2 3 inhale. 3 2 1 exhale," Toast would say and Sykkuno would listen. It wasnt Corpse's fault. Sykkuno didn't blame Corpse. He had asked him out if anything it was his fault.

Corpse had messaged Sykkuno telling him they needed to talk. He hadn't replied as quickly as normal so he figured that Sykkuno wasn't going to. Corpse tossed his phone and laid back on his bed hoping maybe the depression going through his body was enough to make him sleep.

When Corpse's phone went off with a ping indicating someone messaged him, he jumped up and grabbed his phone.

Sykkuno- yeah we can talk

Corpse smiled slightly. He could still have Sykkuno as a friend. Corpse quickly got on discord waiting for the familiar caller.

When it rang Corpse picked up quickly.

"Hey," Sykkuno whisperer in a low voice. It was clear he had been crying.

"I'm sorry I rejected you," Corpse said in a caring tone that showed through.

"It's fine. I shouldn't have asked you out anyways," Sykkuno said sadly with pain etched in every word.

"Sykkuno I like you. I did have a girlfriend but honestly she didn't like me and I got over her when she cheated on me. I broke up with her today. I dont want you to be a rebound though," Corpse said slowly and if trying to figure out what to say next.

Sykkuno sat in silence as he tried to process the words his best friend had told him.

"I guess the world just didnt want us together," Sykkuno said.

"I'm not letting you be a rebound just give me a couple of months. Is that okay?"

"Yeah, im willing to wait," Sykkuno said.

If Corpse would have known just what would have happened he would have just said yes.