So... Spring Break?

Chapter Eighteen

Riley's P.O.V.

So, yeah. Now I have two more siblings.

Even though have had three months to get used to it, it's still a little hard considering we were only expecting one kid.

Not two.

"RILEY!" I hear Dad scream as I'm in my room, I then see him enter my room with Corra in his arms. "Have you seen Corra's special binkie?! I don't know where I put it, and your Mom's mad at me for it."

I look at him. "Check the freezer, remember you but it there 20 minutes ago because of the water in it."

He looked at me and sighed. "Oof, your Mom's not gonna be happy I found it so quickly." He then closed the door.

As he closed the door, I heard my window opened, and saw Maya, Lucas, & Chase begin to crawl thru my window.

"Well damn." I say as they all crawl through. "No texts?"

"We did." Maya says. "If you bother to actually look at your phone."

I think to myself, then I look down at my phone on my dresser. I actually haven't looked at that in a couple of hours. I've been to busy helping with the kids.

"My bad." I say. "What's up?"

Chase then proceeds to stand in front of my bed. "I figured out what we're doing for Spring Break this year!"

My eyes raise at him, while also slightly recalling the events of last year's doing break in my head.

"Um... is that really a good idea?" I say to them. "Do you guys not remember last year?"

"Well, unlike last year, everyone is over beef. And our friends ships, and relationships, are better then ever before." Lucas said to me, right before he kissed me on the cheek.

"Plus Alec isn't gonna be there instigating things this year." Chase said. "He came unbearably close to failing first semester and now he's stuck in tutoring for break."

"Sucks to suck." Lucas laughed.

Chase joined in the laugh. "Facts."

I rolled my eyes playfully as I chuckled. "Where were you trying to go this year?"

Chase looked at everyone and smiled. "How's Turks & Caicos sounding to y'all?”

I cocked an eyebrow thinking about all the work I've been putting in with the kids. "It doesn't sound half bad to me."

"That's exactly what I said." Maya said.

"I already talked to my Dad, all he needs is the green card and we'll be on our way to the airport right after we leave school." He explained. "You, Lucas, Maya, Farkle, Smackle, Zay, & I."

"You think your parents will be okay with that though?" Maya asked.

That's a valid point though, "I mean, they let me go last year."

***

"Well that wasn't when you had two new siblings, sweetie." My Mom said to me as I followed her around the living room. "We need all the help we can get with Sterling & Corra."

I rolled my eyes. "But I've been helping you guys nonstop for three months, without any type of compensation."

She stopped then turned to me, she then moved one of the strains of hair of my face and caressed her hand on my face. "Your compensation is that I let you live here."

Mom then let go and continued to tidy up the living room.

"Okay, how about I use part of my savings to get babysitters?" I ask. "Or, we call Shawn to do it. Please, Mom. I need to chill for a few."

She sighed. "Well, I guess you have been doing a lot around here recently, where would you be going?"

I looked at her, I'm praying she doesn't make a big deal out of it.

"Turks & Caicos." I say.

"Well damn," She started. "Can ya bring a friend? Or a Mom?"

Oof.