Jolly Good Time

Chapter Nineteen

Riley's P.O.V.

After Mischef Night, Lucas hasn't dared tried to mess with any of us, all though he's been staring at us in class for the past month and a half. But December came around before we knew it, and that means that Christmas is right around the corner and I can't wait. No one is going to bring Christmas Riley down.

I just walked in early on a Wednesday into school and Chase is waiting for me at the door.

"Hey Smiley." Chase smiled at me.

"Hey Chase, what's up?" I ask.

"Christmas break is next week and I'm ready to join my Mom in the P.R."

I forgot he was leaving us for break. "Do you have to leave us?" I ask as we walk into Mr. Falls' class.

"We'll see..." He winked at me as he sat down.

What's that supposed to mean?

"Riley, it would be very helpful if you sat down." Mr. Falls smiled sarcastic at me.

I quickly sat down next to Maya. "It's almost Christmas time!"

"Second Christmas with Shawn as my Father." Maya quickly said after. "The first one was okay, so I imagine the second will be fine."

"Even if it is the first Christmas in four years without You-Know-Who, it will still be magical." I boomed with happiness.

"So class, today I'll be covering the book or short story if you will, The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow." He said with a deep voice. "Headless horsemen, cannonballs, heart break, and love triangles."

I turned to look at Maya, and when I turned she was already facing me.

"I know who's gonna like this story." Farkle whispered in my ear.

"So, this guy named Ichabod falls in love with this girl named Katarina, but... only because of her wealth. And when another man falls for her, she chooses him!"

"Never saw that coming." Lucas smiled as he looked at Zay.

"So he gets so mad he takes a walk, and this guy on a house with no head starts to chase him deep by the bridge by the church. And then to get Ichabod of his horse... he throws his head at him!" Mr. Falls jumped and the classroom shook.

Maya was shocked, I'm 90% sure it wasn't buy the story, but by the fact that this 33 year old can shake the room with one jump.

"Daamnnnn." Maya dragged on.

He looked at her and smiled before he got back to the story, "But no one knows if he was killed... or taken."

I raised my hand.

"Yes Riley?" He asked in his deep story voice.

"Why couldn't we have read How The Grinch Stole Christmas?" I asked.

He puts his head in his hands, sighs, then comes back up. "Anyways, in groups of six. You all will present the material learned in this book through out different ways. Sing me a song, get up and dance, or lecture me I don't care. Just as long you show me that you fully understand the material. There should be four groups of six."