What's Going On in Your Head?

Chapter Six

Maya's P.O.V.

"So Lucas apologized for everything and is now talking about transferring to NYU to be closer to all of us again?" I said recapping all the info Riley just told me. "Jesus."

"Tell me about it." Riley sighed, while also having her head underneath a pillow. "Just lemme lay here and suffocate."

I chuckled at that. "Oh hell no, you are not leaving me here with your family without you."

She sat up and looked at me. "How do the rest of you feel about Lucas coming back?"

Hmm, I hadn't really had time to think about Lucas all that much. Influencing and painting is literally a full time job in its self so I try not to take time away from that by focusing on people I don't regularly see.

"I mean, he can come back all he wants but I doubt we're gonna be seeing him that much anyway." I say. "Unless you and him get back together."

"But I'm also over my life revolving around men. The one thing I've liked about college is that I've been growing into my own person again." She explained, right before sighing. "Respectfully, I'm not chasing after either of them... if they want me, they need to prove it."

That's my girl!

"Periodt, bestieee." I say, hyping Riley up.

"Thank you my queen, we ain't letting these men get us stressed."

"That's right." I reply.

Right then Chase peeks his head in the room. "Hi ladies," he smiles at us.

"I will let you two talk, I'm thirsty anyway." Riley smiled before stepping out the room and closing the door behind her.

I look at my man, "What's going on sexy?"

Chase looks at me, "I just got off the phone with Onyx, him and my Dad are trying to get me to go back to New York City. Apparently, Onyx tanked a crap ton of stocks and now the staff is trying to convince my Dad not to kill him."

"Well shit, I mean the funeral is in two days, but the wake is tomorrow." I explain to him. "When would you go?"

"I think I'd have to leave tonight, but I could be back here in Philly the morning off the funeral." He said. "I just feel bad about having to leave you guys, I know everyone is going through it right now."

My baby's so sweet. I can't believe he has to leave us though. Especially during all this. Wakes and Funerals always made me feel uneasy, but at least he'll back before all the tuff stuff.

I kiss him on the cheek, "Don't worry, I guess at least you're the only one that has to go."

The door then opens, and reveals Smackle behind it. "On a scale of 1-10... how mad would you think Riley would be if I tell her I have to temporarily go back to school to give a speech."

Chase looks at me and smirks sarcastically, "At least it's only the two of us."

Shawn's P.O.V.

"It feels so weird waiting to hear my Dad's will." Will said as he, Cory, Topanga, Oscar and I sat in the lawyers office waiting for Feeny's lawyer to come in. "Maybe if he wasn't so secretive with this stuff, I'd know what to expect."

Topanga and Cory rubbed his shoulders. I still feel so bad for Will, poor guy really misses his Dad, we all do.

"Just know we are here for you." Topanga smiled at him.

"Yeah, if you need to take a break at any point just let us know, we'll go get some air." Cory said. "God knows I might need some."

Oscar sighed, "Me too Mr. Matthews."