Hold Tight

Chapter Thirteen

Riley's P.O.V.

"Riley." I hear trailing behind me as I clenched my books in my hand and turned around to face Lucas.

It a been three months since Lucas dropped that bomb shell on me at Colton's afterparty. The past months have been chill, the only part that wasn't is Lucas still breathing down my neck about the thing.

"Hey babe," I said as I took his hand. "What's up?"

We began to walk forward.

"Nothing, just wanted to know how you're new year went." He smiled, sadly. "You didn't really text me much while you were at the ski lodge."

My parents decided a family vacation was in order over winter break, why they keep going places that caused them drama I don't really know but... I loved smoking on a mountain at night so it was okay with me.

"It was a family vacation Lucas, you know how they are about that stuff." I shrugged.

He looked at me and nodded.

"Oh my god Riley," I heard Maya say and as singer over Lucas and my shoulders. "Smoking on a mountain? Sounds like a dream."

Lucas looked at Maya with confusion, then back up at me. Oof, might have just gotten caught.

Maya's P.O.V.

Later in the day ad the bell rang, Zay and I walked into Music class practically laughing our asses off because of Riley and Lucas. Don't  eet me wrong, I wouldn't want to be in the situation they're in with Josh. But it's funny how these events keep playing out between them.

"What's the deal with you two?" Colton asked us as we sat down on opposite sides of him. "Too many Dan Pen hits?"

"Oh Colton." Zay put his arm around Him. "If only."

"Yeah," I added. "Just friend shit."

It was probably beat not to inform him about the Riley situation. I don't even think she talks to him much.

"You mean, 'shit you can't tell poor Colton'." He said right before he pulled out the fake puppy dog eyes on me.

I smirked, "Exactly."

Then I notice Ms. Lay walk out of the office in the music room. She is the literal definition of a music teacher, like exactly what you would picture... like I can't.

"Good Afternoon guys." She smiled as everyone got settled in their seats. "Since second semester is approaching, it's time for you guys to get started on your next project!"

She then began to write on the whiteboard behind her.

Write a Song Project

"It's time to put those creative minds to use." She said. "You all, with a partner, will write and produce an original song and will preform it at the Talent Show next month."

"Woah, I don't sing." Colton raised his hand.

I turned to him. "Well looks like you better start now." I smirked once more.

"You all have the Talent required to own the Talent Show, you're all juniors and I haven't seen one of you preform once." Ms. Lay explained.

Zay shrugged. "It be like that sometimes." He said to me. "Partners?" He stuck out his hand.

I grabbed it and shook it. "Partners."